RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008

Selle Italia Max Flite gel flow reviews?

Hi,

I'm interesting for the Selle Italia Max Flite gel flow saddle but I can't find reviews anywhere.
    Any users of that saddle here? Any reviews?
    I've a closet full of saddles and I don't wanna hurry and buy another expensive resident.
    I have a relative wide seat bones, so no saddles<140mm for me.
    I have used SLR XP, Flite TT, C2 gel flow, Regal, Laser V Ti, Alias, Phenom, Phenom gel, Toupe gel.
    In Specialized sizing I'm 143, the above Specialized saddles don't cause me any numbness in the groin area, which is very good, but they are hard for my butt. Currently in my road bike I'm using the Toupe gel, the best until now but after 2.5-3h on it is getting painful for my seat bones. I like the thing that it is level, phenom saddles are more rounded and I use them in MTB.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    I use a Max Flite and like it, especially for longer rides. I use a regular flite for mountainous rides where I want to save a bit of weight, but for comfort, the max flite is my choice. Some may find it a bit too wide, but so said you had wide sit bones, so it sounds like it may work great for you. As you know, however, saddles are highly personal, and all you can do is give it a try.