RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008

Selle Italia SLR Carbon or Flite Team Ed. for long rides

I recently purchased the SLR Kit Carbonio and am not sure it will be pleasant on long rides. I noticed a lot of tour riders use the Selle Italia Flite Team Edition, with titanium rails, I think. Although heavier than the SLR carbon, I think it's probably softer and more comfortable for long rides. Have any of you compared the two?

RoadBikeReview Member
    No one can tell you what will work best for you for saddles. Personally I don't like saddles with a lot of padding. I've never tried a Flite, but I use an SLR Flow Carbonio and really like it. I'm now doing at least one century per week on it without any complaints. I also use and like a lot the Specialized Toupe, another "minimal" saddle. YMMV.

duh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_John
    No one can tell you what will work best for you for saddles.

indeed... and you surely cannot use tour riders as a gauge since they are sponsored and prob put more time in the saddle in 1-2 months than most do in a yr. also, softer isn't nec better. that said, if you can deal with the look/weight/cost, it seems many are happy on brooks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    No one can tell you what will work best for you for saddles
    Agreed, but I can't afford to purchase many saddles until I get to the right one. So I think that by evaluating opinions from other experienced cyclists that I can at least narrow it down to 3-5 saddles that perhaps I'll purchase and evaluate and sell on ebay the one's that didn't fit