RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

Selle SMP Strike Saddle

Greetings,

Any feedback from anyone who has used any of the Strike series of saddles?

http://www.sellesmp.com/en/default.htm

Good? Bad? Uncomfortable?

I understand that everyone's butt is different!

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004

Selle SMP Strike Plus

Well I took the plunge to try a Stike PLUS (159mm wide). It felt comfortable enough for a 32 mile ride, but later that night I felt mild discomfort in the middle of my groin area. Sort of like riding on rails that left bruising sensation on my nether region. Not bad mind you, but noticable. I think I may trade it back in for a Stike Pro which is only 148mm in width. By the way, I did measure this saddle's width with a tape measure and then did the millimeter conversion on the internet. It measures a solid 6.25" in width and that is exactly 158.75mm wide. At least they are honest.

I have a Selle San Marco Rever that is advertised at 151mm and actually measures out at 143mm. (5-5/8" width = 143mm). My Selle Italia SLC Carbonio saddle is listed as 134mm wide, but the tape measure does not lie and it is really 142mm wide!! Why such a discrepancy with advertised widths and actual width??? Makes you really wonder.

Team American Classic
    I have the Strike Plus and absolutely love it! It is extremely comfortable and only touches you where it needs to and stays out of the way of eveything else. My buddy has the Pro which is 10mm skinnier and not as padded, yet still very comfortable.

Since going to this saddle I have had no pain or numbness at all and have ridden 80 mile rides on it. I could actually use cheaper shorts with less chamois now and still be fine.

Give it a shot....I think you will like it....

Flash