Thread: Speedy Luber

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002

Speedy Luber

Where can I order the Speedy Luber directly? None of LBS have it; say they can order it, but don't want to deal with that.

I have the old style speedplays where you 'pry' off the dust cap versus unscrewing the dust cap. The "Speedy Luber" is an adapter placed into the opening that the grease gun goes into.

I read that there is a upgrade adapter so that you can convert your 'pry off' dust cap to a screw off dust cap. Is this true?

thanks!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

End caps

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack
    Where can I order the Speedy Luber directly? None of LBS have it; say they can order it, but don't want to deal with that.

I have the old style speedplays where you 'pry' off the dust cap versus unscrewing the dust cap. The "Speedy Luber" is an adapter placed into the opening that the grease gun goes into.

I read that there is a upgrade adapter so that you can convert your 'pry off' dust cap to a screw off dust cap. Is this true?
    What you need is the replacement end cap that has a hole in it (supplied with a screw in the hole). I think I bought mine from Colorado Cyclist, but you probably can get them directly from Speedplay. You don't need a really special grease gun - any decent hardware store will have "pinpoint" grease guns that will work just fine as long as you have the replacement end caps.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    Is the same end cap that goes into today's speedplays OR is this an end cap specifically for the older speedplays?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Get it directly from speedplay...i bet they'll send it to you direct.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Same cap

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack
    Is the same end cap that goes into today's speedplays OR is this an end cap specifically for the older speedplays?
    It's the same size cap. Nothing has changed.

eRacer
    Speedy Luber Caps from SpeedPlay, and ANY Mini Grease Gun with a pointy tip.
    Dualco makes a nice one, and the Finish-Line Injector that screws onto a tube of grease also work fine.
    John Lapoint / San Diego
    God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy!

Steaming piles of opinion
    ...ANY Mini Grease Gun with a pointy tip.
    Dualco makes a nice one, and the Finish-Line Injector that screws onto a tube of grease also work fine.
    Here's another option that works well for so close to free as not to matter:

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-26365-C.../dp/B00004RA7R

Available at the local hardware store, too.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

RoadBikeReview Member
    I never got this to work well. Most of the grease just came back out from around the nozzle instead of going into the pedal. I just got lockring pliers and dismantle the pedals to lube them.