RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008

Sports Instruments Replacement Heart Rate Strap

Just recently, it seems my Sports Instruments EC Pro 9 HRM stopped receiving transmissions from the strap. I've tried replacing the battery twice, now and electrode cream. Now the watch portion doesn't even pick up the strap at all.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to buy replacement Sports Instruments straps...I absolutely love the functions and features of the watch and would hate to completely replace it.

I searched and found non-coded polar straps...would these work with my Sports Instruments watch?

Any information on extra tips to bring the old strap back to life, or where to get a new strap would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

sporrts instruments strap

Quote Originally Posted by IowaAJ
    Just recently, it seems my Sports Instruments EC Pro 9 HRM stopped receiving transmissions from the strap. I've tried replacing the battery twice, now and electrode cream. Now the watch portion doesn't even pick up the strap at all.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to buy replacement Sports Instruments straps...I absolutely love the functions and features of the watch and would hate to completely replace it.

I searched and found non-coded polar straps...would these work with my Sports Instruments watch?

Any information on extra tips to bring the old strap back to life, or where to get a new strap would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    yes all non-coded are compatible with each other. However Polars I tried 10 years ago were sealed and you needed to ship, and pay repair to replace battery.

Cost of new SI monitor should be cheap.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Yes, I would think they would be cheap replacement straps as well...problem is where do I buy them? Nothing on their website, and nothing came up on a good ol' google search.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    I just shot Sports Instruments themselves an e-mail regarding my situation...

hopefully something arises.