Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

SRAM Powerlock - one time use only?

11K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  PoorCyclist 
#1 ·
The SRAM PC-1071 Chain is compatible with both SRAM and Shimano 10-speed drivetrains. Please note that while the PowerLock installation can be done tool-free, it's recommended to be used only once due to the extremely close tolerances required by the narrow 10-speed design. So if you must break your chain for maintenance reasons, a new 10-speed PowerLock link will be required to reassemble it.
2012 SRAM PC-1071 Chain - Competitive Cyclist

#2 ·
Gee... I guess there's really no argument against Shimano pins anymore. Hilarious.

#5 ·
Kind of reminds me of "lather, rinse, repeat." Never really felt the need to "repeat" and doulbe my usage and cost. Kind of like the toothpaste commercials where they show everyone using an inch and a half long squirt of toothpaste when a pea size amount will really get the job done. Never had a problem with the powerlink.

#7 ·
I've re-used PowerLocks since I've had 10 speed bikes.
The Park pliers make any chain removal easier. Well, except Wipperman...no tools are needed for Wipperman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.