Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
    The release date is January 2013 for those asking. They have a Facebook page that they update rather frequently.
    I'll believe it when I see it in stores. We were burnt once already with the Garmin powermeter.

Team Tom's
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfend View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it in stores. We were burnt once already with the Garmin powermeter.
    I agree but the device itself isn't nearly as complex as the Garmin power meter.

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfend View Post
    We're STILL being burned on the Garmin power meter (Vector.)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

Railing the Berm of Life
    Well shucks! Too late. I just bought a set of 2011 404 clinchers with a Powertap pro + on ebay for <$1000.
    Dirt is good for the soul

Team Tom's
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo View Post
    Well shucks! Too late. I just bought a set of 2011 404 clinchers with a Powertap pro + on ebay for <$1000.
    You're gonna feel that in the hills. Will probably lose minutes on others and will probably end up quitting cycling altogether.

I'm sorry.

Railing the Berm of Life
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
    You're gonna feel that in the hills. Will probably lose minutes on others and will probably end up quitting cycling altogether.

I'm sorry.

Dawg, you must have misread my post. I said zipps.

That means I am automatically .4 mph faster at all times. Even when sitting still at a red light.
    Dirt is good for the soul

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    the last two post are funny.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    I've got 4500 Tiagra cranks (compact) on my 2011 Orbea Aqua. I can't find if it is a Hollowtech II crank. Does anyone know if the StageOne 105 crank will work on my bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Pre-order is now open, but only to US customers...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

Price of Track Crank is Mighty A-ttrack-tive

As the owner of three SRMs looking to put together a track bike, the Stages track PM is enticing at its price point - the track version of the SRM is insanely priced, even by SRM standards.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by refthimos View Post
    As the owner of three SRMs looking to put together a track bike, the Stages track PM is enticing at its price point - the track version of the SRM is insanely priced, even by SRM standards.
    Since a track bike is fixed, would this mean it's more accurate in this situation?

Cycling Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousalex View Post
    Since a track bike is fixed, would this mean it's more accurate in this situation?
    No.
    5 chars

RoadBikeReview Member
    I got my hands on one of these early and have around 700 miles riding along with a quarq on the other side to compare with. It's been extremely consistent so far. I know the quarq should read a little high with the TT chainring (5.2% according to their site), so the numbers are what I would expect. I'm going to recalibrate the quarq when I get a chance...

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    I got my hands on one of these early and have around 700 miles riding along with a quarq on the other side to compare with. It's been extremely consistent so far. I know the quarq should read a little high with the TT chainring (5.2% according to their site), so the numbers are what I would expect. I'm going to recalibrate the quarq when I get a chance...

How did you install on carbon crank arms? I thought it was aluminum only.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's an aluminum left arm...

VKW
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    Can you post some comparison data between the quarq and stages power meter? I am thinking of picking one of these up myself. I know there have been some people adamant that measuring left power only and multiplying by 2 is not as simple as it sounds but for my intended purposes, I think it would suit me. Just wanted to see how big the differences if any were.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'd want to get the quarq calibrated first. The best I can say now is that the 3 second and 30 second power (watching while I ride) and average power (at the end of the ride) between the two meters seems consistent with an offset that would be expected per the quarq calibration tables.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    So are these being shipped now? Think it will be a better option for me than a PT. Because of riding multiple bikes... A 105 crankset is pretty cheap to pick up (already have one on my primary road bike, and could swap it to pit CX bike), and could get a crankset for the TT bike all for less than a SRM or new PT

"El Bwana"
    I talked with someone who was doing testing on this with an SRM and a PowerTap. The SRM and StageOne were identical and the PowerTap had a small bias in the results. The test was done with someone with a good left/right power profile so the potential of having a stronger left or right leg did not enter into the equation.
    "Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down on his luck?"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    What I'm wondering is you can just send it back to 'upgrade'. I.e. now I have a dura ace 7900 group, if I get a 9000 can I jsut send it back and get them to calibrate it on the 9000 crank arm and pay way less.

VKW
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Just pre-ordered the Dura Ace 9000 crank arm! I can't wait! Expected shipping for the DA9000 left crank arm only option was late March.

"El Bwana"
    Quote Originally Posted by VKW View Post
    Can you post some comparison data between the quarq and stages power meter? I am thinking of picking one of these up myself. I know there have been some people adamant that measuring left power only and multiplying by 2 is not as simple as it sounds but for my intended purposes, I think it would suit me. Just wanted to see how big the differences if any were.

I don't have the data from the test that I mentioned in my post, but Neal Henderson posted his data a few days later:

Stages: TrainingPeaks | Public Activity Viewer
    SRM: TrainingPeaks | Public Activity Viewer
    Powertap: TrainingPeaks | Public Activity Viewer
    "Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down on his luck?"

VKW
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks! Very informative. The comparison data definitely looks acceptable and within a variance you'd see between other established power meters.

Specialized Enthusiast
    Aug 2011
    From Stages in regards to ship dates/availablity:

"Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Stages Cycling and our power meter solutions. We completely understand a need to see us ship and get some 3rd party comparison data before committing to buy. With that said, our first shipments should leave our Boulder location late this week (maybe early next as we are in the middle of a press event in Boulder). Presently, we have about a 6 week backorder of units and are quoting early/mid-March for shipment of new orders. If, after seeing us ship units and reading some of the 3rd party reviews that will likely hit the street in less than 2 weeks you are comfortable with what you see, please be prepared for late March/early April delivery if you choose to order. As an alternative to waiting for this validation, if you ordered online we do not charge your card until we ship and it would allow you to at least get in line. If we fail to ship when we say or the 3rd party data doesn’t look good to you, you could always cancel. Otherwise you will likely be pushed back even further for delivery. This only matters though if you need the unit before summer. Please like us on Facebook or sign up for updates on our website for the latest Stages Cycling news."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PDex View Post
    I don't have the data from the test that I mentioned in my post, but Neal Henderson posted his data a few days later:

Stages: TrainingPeaks | Public Activity Viewer
    SRM: TrainingPeaks | Public Activity Viewer
    Powertap: TrainingPeaks | Public Activity Viewer
    The 1h30m power on the Stages looks kinda off compared to the other two. ~25 watts is quite a bit for that amount of time I reckon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast