Climbs like a sprinter...

Super Record 11sp.

My LBS got some 11speed Super Record stuff in. It is awfully sexy but the rear derailluer has a $695 price tag on it!!! Yikes!!!
    "It's turtles all the way down."

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxhacksaw
    My LBS got some 11speed Super Record stuff in. It is awfully sexy but the rear derailluer has a $695 price tag on it!!! Yikes!!!
    does that come with hookers and blow?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

$328....

Quote Originally Posted by bmxhacksaw
    Smart shoppers will avoid all US sellers for quite some time.

http://www.totalcycling.com/index.ph...oad/index.html

Banned forever.....or not
    If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.
    Don't you realize how much it will impress other riders when you show up with SR?
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

cmg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    from the totalcyling website http://www.totalcycling.com/index.ph.../RD_SR_11.html

"Top pulley with ceramic ball bushing." what the hell is that?

7 gram difference from Super 11to regular 11, must be the bushing weight.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

info...

Quote Originally Posted by cmg
    from the totalcyling website http://www.totalcycling.com/index.ph.../RD_SR_11.html

"Top pulley with ceramic ball bushing." what the hell is that?

7 gram difference from Super 11to regular 11, must be the bushing weight.
    SR has very minor differences with the much cheaper Record. The upper pulley is a bushing, made of ceramic, while the lower pulley has ceramic ball bearings. The Record RD has ceramic bushings top and bottom.

The bushing at the top has side play to facilitate shifting. You can't do that with a ball bearing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Dammit 7gr is the chewie gum i holds in my back pocket, and the price difference for the 7gram is...???? Only if you are a weight maniac these 7grs will be death
    i have a lot of friends that are weight maniacs and are ridiculous too, men they are wearing top models bikes with ultralight components and 2lb seats bags or michelin lithium clinchers on zipps, funny
    Any point of view??

good son , bad man
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by licho76
    Dammit 7gr is the chewie gum i holds in my back pocket, and the price difference for the 7gram is...???? Only if you are a weight maniac these 7grs will be death
    i have a lot of friends that are weight maniacs and are ridiculous too, men they are wearing top models bikes with ultralight components and 2lb seats bags or michelin lithium clinchers on zipps, funny
    Any point of view??
    Yea. Learn some punctuation.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    I thought that Record and Chorus prices were suppose to stay the same this year, but from what I have seen thus far they are up by a couple hundred each! What gives here, is Campy lying to us or are the LBS getting greedy?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

couple hundred?

If you add all the prices of the parts to make an 8-piece groupo at places like Excel and Colorado Cyclist, Record and Chorus are both up $1000 or more, or in the 50-75% range. The prices for SR, Record, Chorus and the new DA 7900 are 3425, 2925, 2270 and 2660.

If you check prices at many European online stores, the prices are up 0-10%.

Allegedly, the US wholesale price (from the US importer, not Campy) is about the same as the typical retail price in Europe. Even so, when you can buy an SR group for $2100 in Europe, that's a stout markup.

SR groups are offered as low as $2500 on E-bay, but they still aren't selling very fast. One reason is some have odd crank and cassette offerings, like a 50/34 with a 12-27. Not what the typical SR buyer is likely to choose.

FWIW, a good price on a Record group from Europe (about $1750) is not much higher that the best price you could get from any US source last year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    So what is the retail price in Europe for SR, if it is over 3K here in the states?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

retail?

Quote Originally Posted by Rot Wiess Essen
    So what is the retail price in Europe for SR, if it is over 3K here in the states?

Who cares what retail is, if you can buy SR for $2000-2300 at a number of online stores? FWIW, some advertise 35-40% off of retail, so the retail price would be about the same as you see at US stores.
    Last edited by C-40; 10-21-2008 at 01:43 PM.

No Crybabies

impressive

Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.
    Don't you realize how much it will impress other riders when you show up with SR?
    Yes, you can say, "I can turn it up to 11." ;-)

I used to do some autocross. We always got a kick out of the occasional Ferrari that would show up. We loved seeing them, but knew we'd still beat them with something like my Toyota MR2 Supercharged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When my fist clenches, crack it open
    Before I use it and lose my cool
    When I smile, tell me some bad news
    Before I laugh and act like a fool

Just Plain Bitter
    The biggest problem is not the price. LBS is getting top dollar because they have them. Felt Bicycles has a 60 day exclusive on DA 7900, LBS won't be seeing these until December sometime. Those who have gotten the SR 11 are getting 2-3 at time. They are even tight in Europe! Supply is the biggest problem right now for both companies and therefore the LBS that has them can charge whatever they want. All the websites are showing them in the catalog but few actually have them in stock.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

????

Supplies are limited in Europe too, but they are NOT increasing prices 50-75%. You can preorder and get prices that are the same or lower than 2008, now that the value of the dollar has risen.

The price of a Record group has fallen to $1512 at some stores and the Super Record group is only $1830 - compare that to $3425 at Excel.

Just Plain Bitter
    I got lucky yesterday in my LBS and purchased one of 2 sets they had just gotten delivered. One was presold. It will be fitted to to my new 2009 Look 586 Origin. I didn't pay 1800 for it but it was significantly less than the 3400 at Excel. Nonetheless I can't wait for the delivery of the new bike!

Climbs like a sprinter...
    Can I have your bike?
    "It's turtles all the way down."

kytyree
    I cannot imagine why anyone would pay the prices currently listed for the new Campy groups here in the US. As several have pointed out, you can order one from Europe for just a little more than a new 2008 group cost right now. They want more more the Chorus 11 group here than the Record 11 in Europe.