p != b

Angry Troubleshooting Cateye Astrale 8

So, in January I got an Astrale 8 set up on my bike. Loved it.

Until...

A week ago, I started testing my new wheels on the bike, and it stopped giving me speed data. I figured it was magnet alignment issue, so I jiggled things around, and it worked for one ride, and then stopped again.

I said, ok, I can do without speed right now, as long as I've got my cadence to train with.

Then today, the cadence stopped reading too.

I don't think it's the battery, since the disply is not faded at all. All the connections seem good, and I don't see any obvious problems with the wires.

Ideas?

Looking for my Amish Love
    The contacts on the back of the display and the sensor housing are dirty. Take the display unit out of the holder. You will see two little metal contact points on the display and two on the holder. They need to be cleaned. Take some wd-40, spray a drop onto a Q-tip and clean the little metal contact points. That simple.

On a ride my buddies crapped out like you said, I told him to lick the contact points on the display unit to increase the electric signal. He thought I was pulling his leg but he did it and to his surpised it started to read the speed again. I then told him what I told you about cleaning with WD-40 or any type of spray that increases electrical properties. Works now. Let me know if it works for you.

p != b
    thanks, but no luck there.

I checked with mine and my wife's, both computers work fine on her bike, and neither work on mine. Time to delve into the wiring, and try to find out where I broke it.