Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

WCS Logic II Handlebar Shape - You guys like it?

959 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  foothillsbass 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of dropping some weight on my bike and looking to try a new shape handlebar. I do like mine, but its the only one i've ever had, so its cool to try new things. MY current is a FSA Vero Compact Drop.

I'm interested in the Ritchey Logic II handlebar. I'll be moving from 38cm to 40cm wide. Can get if for $61.

Anyone use this handlebar? How do you guys like it? comfortable on both the tops and drops?

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had handlebars with a similar shape. I found that having those distinct corners in the drops is really annoying. I was never able to set mine up to have "my" angle for both the ramps and the drops, and I sometimes use different parts of the drop on a traditional or compact bend; having the flat area with a distinct corner makes it a lot harder to do that.

Obviously handlebars are one of the most personal parts of the bike - right up there with saddles, IMO. If you can try a bike that has bars like that before you spend the money, though, that would be a good idea.

#6 ·
onrhodes said:
Like mine a lot. I wanted shallow drop and short reach and this bar gave me both in the 40cm size. I came from a classic bend Salsa Estrada bar and both have their good points.
Unlike the other post, I have found mine to be very comfortable in the drops and a really superb fit.

+1 to this. I also have this bar. Purchased for the same reasons. Wanted shallow drop and shorter reach. Very happy with it.

G
#7 ·
My bike came with them, and I've more or less adapted to them. I hate anatomical bars, but I just haven't gotten around to swapping them out. I've got the anatomical part of the drops adjusted to fit my hands, and I like the tops of the bars fine. The bend at the top doesn't bother me in any way. I don't really think about them much while riding, which means they must be working for me. Mine are also white, which is a fad that I hope goes away soon. When I clamp my aero bars on, chunks of white paint come off every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.