RoadBikeReview Member

Who's still riding Time Equipe pedals?

Igor Astarloa, former World Champion. This shot of his Wilier was taken just before the start of the men's elite race in Verona. To think that Time's already introducting the Impact replacement and Astarloa's still using Equipes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who's still riding Time Equipe pedals?-2004-wilier-astarloa.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member

I am still rocking the Equipe Titanium's on 2 bikes

Not only Astorloa still rocks them but I saw a bike pic of what I thought was Jan Ullrich's ride from very late last season and he had them - it could have been another Telekomer though... I got mine at Totalcycling for a song a few years back and I recently saw a pair of Equipe Tit Mag's sell on ebay for $200!

anyone else?

-Nik
    Where to find the best desserts in New York?
    www.dessertbuzz.com

off the back
    me. i've been planning on upgrading to the impacts, but they're just so expensive, i have to put it off for the time being.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus
    me. i've been planning on upgrading to the impacts, but they're just so expensive, i have to put it off for the time being.
    TIME is not making the Impact anymore. I am sure you can still find them though, but if you want a pair you might want to hurry. They have a new pedal, the RXS line. All of them are made of composite or carbon. They use a different cleat than the Impact.
    Heres another good one, TIME's new shoes are LOOK three bolt pattern only! So if you want a new set of TIME shoes to go with your older TIME pedals (Equipes) you would have to buy a LOOK to TIME adaptor, which considerably increases the foot to spindle distance.

RoadBikeReview Member

There is still a decent inventory of equipe compatible shoes

available via mail order and ebay though.

-Nik
    www.dessertbuzz.com

RoadBikeReview Member

Here's a picture of the RXS

I found this out from Time's UK distributor two weeks ago at the London bike shoe. He did point out that Time continues to make the Equipe cams and will undoubtedly continue to make the Impact cleats as well.

Major difference, aside from the cleat is that the body is composite. The Ti axle model is 195gr per pair. They're still in prototype as they've not sorted out the Q adjustment, etc. Tension release adjustment is now inboard, an improvement over the Impact where the adjustment was vulnerable to grind-down in an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by flakey
    TIME is not making the Impact anymore. I am sure you can still find them though, but if you want a pair you might want to hurry. They have a new pedal, the RXS line. All of them are made of composite or carbon. They use a different cleat than the Impact.
    Heres another good one, TIME's new shoes are LOOK three bolt pattern only! So if you want a new set of TIME shoes to go with your older TIME pedals (Equipes) you would have to buy a LOOK to TIME adaptor, which considerably increases the foot to spindle distance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who's still riding Time Equipe pedals?-l-time.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    The equipes are still used by a lot of riders:

Kloden, Astarloa, Cristian Moreni the italian champ, Commesso. They were great pedals.

I still maintain that to make the absolute perfect pedal all you needed to do was make a Time equipe without any lateral float, ie the 5mm float they allow. The ten degree float was great, the feel was great, the low stack height was great. But damn that lateral float!!!!

RoadBikeReview Member

that answers the mystery of which T-Mobile bike had the equipe's

I guess it was kloden's not Jan's as I said earlier. Thanks.

-Nik

Quote Originally Posted by gmikes
    The equipes are still used by a lot of riders:

Kloden, Astarloa, Cristian Moreni the italian champ, Commesso. They were great pedals.

I still maintain that to make the absolute perfect pedal all you needed to do was make a Time equipe without any lateral float, ie the 5mm float they allow. The ten degree float was great, the feel was great, the low stack height was great. But damn that lateral float!!!!
    www.dessertbuzz.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Time equipe were the best pedals ever made period. Even though they were pretty heavy by modern standards, they wore like iron...I used to wear out two pairs of cleats per year, but those pedals would be capable of enormous mileage...

When time stopped making the equipe pro mag pedals....I was forced to convert to speedplay because their plastic pedals are pure junk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

Agreed

I stockpiled several pairs, but then they stopped making shoes that worked with them. Carnac had some great shoes in those years, better than the Time shoes IMO.

waterproof*
    Yep I finally had to abandon mine when the shoes died (10 years later!)

I still have the pedals and some spare cleats, should probably ebay them.
    * not actually a Rock Star

Matnlely Dregaend
    Dredge Tuesday?
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    looking to replace my Carnac shoes that had the adapter plate that took Equipe cleats. I see there are three hole adapters on ebay so my pedals still live, 24 yrs and still going.

Russian Troll Farmer
    ...and so does this thread, 13 years later!
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"