RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004

wired computer, Vetta RT77

hello everyone

I never had any luck with wireless cycle-computers (I had two Vetta V100 wireless units with cadence for 6 months which never worked well, first one was replaced and second one thown out in disgust). Reading this forum, I am not alone.

So my LBS is suggesting a *wired* Veta RT77 with cadence as a reliable unit.

I checked the reviews on this site but they are mostly poor but also quite dated, the last one ~13 months old and most are 2-3+ years old. Perhaps Vetta has improved over last 12months?

I am looking for opinions on this Vetta RT77 *wired* computer with *cadence*. Will be be reliable? Anyone using it? What are the good, bad, ugly points? Is there a better wired Vetta model? RT88?

If not then what is the most reliable *wired* computer with cadence that is under $100 ?

I can put up with wires but I can not tolerate computers that do not work reliably.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    I would look at the Cateye Astrale. It gets a lot of good reviews and Cateye customer service is awesome. I have the Echowell F2 which I have had very good luck with. They aren't as popular as the Astrale but they are just as good. I am not sure about the customer service part of Echowell as I have never had to contact them.

"Cypress Gardens" Fl.

No problems here

I used the 'Vetta RT-77' computer for years on my bike. Was one of the best I've ever had.

I recently changed to a 'Blackburn Delphi 3.0' wired computer with wired cadence, and it's also a great computer. No problems with it either. The 'Blackburn' has a large screen and four line format, and so far it's great. Looks really cool too.
    ~ just "Don" (not a bike scientist)

Christian Biker
    agree with Ray Dockrey, Cateye... if you want with cadence and wireless, go Cateye Double Wireless (CC-CD300DW)
    2 Tim 2:5
    Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules.

Sersum Cordia