Ship Fixer
    Apr 2004

Yokozuna shop box (30m) question

So I bought a box of Yokozuna shift housing off Amazon and it doesn't look like the Yokozuna housings I've always received in the kit. It doesn't have the Yokozuna "jet lubed" stamp on it, it's matte vice shiny black, and the wires inside the housing are narrower gauge. Looks much closer to standard Jagwire bulk stuff I have lying around.

Adding to the problem, the box was completely broken open already, like you would if you were buying from a shop. Looks an awful lot like they put a $30 roll in a $70 box and sent it my way.

Can anyone who may have picked up a box along the way tell me if I'm wrong here? I'm inclined to ship it back and repurchase from any of the other sellers. None of the shops near me carry Yokozuna or use a lot of it.

is riding in MOPP4
    If you bought the Reaction kit, it should say "Yokozuna Jet-Lubed" on the ends of the housing. You can see the official picture on their website here: Yokozuna Premium Cables, Housing and Brake Pads

I would return them. If you bought a new kit, they should be sealed without evidence that they were previously opened.
    Wake me up when it's alarm green.

Ship Fixer
    Apr 2004
    Yeah, I'm used to what's in the Reaction kits. Ordered a second roll from a big bike shop... Gray this time but otherwise looks the same as the first one. Outer skin looks like matte plastic vice the nicer finish on the Reaction kit but it says jet lube and everything else. Guess the bulk roll just isn't as nice on the outside, which kind of makes sense for the price point.

Will take my Dremel out to grind an end and see if the cable strands are really the same. Looking at the chopped end compared to faced Reaction probably isn't a fair test.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk