Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Dropped my wheel off on April 1 and still haven't heard anything. Not sure if it's Zipp on the LBS sat on it. In any event I'm not happy waiting on nearly 6 weeks.

Anyone else in the US wait 5-6 weeks?

Edited--Apparently the LBS never sent the wheel despite claiming to have done so when I called to check in on the progress. I called him on April 27th and it showed up at Zipp on April 28th so it looks like LBS dropped the ball and sent it overnight or something. But for all that, brands are only as good as their dealer networks.
    Last edited by vagabondcyclist; 05-12-2016 at 04:19 PM.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    That's a long time. 3 weeks for me as noted earlier. I'm not sure how you can track it, but I'd start pestering LBS. I took pics of my serial #s on the inside of the rim before handing them over.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks. Zipp says it's way outside of what they expect for turn around and are looking into it.

Edited--Apparently the LBS never sent the wheel despite claiming to have done so when I called to check in on the progress. I called him on April 27th and it showed up at Zipp on April 28th so it looks like LBS dropped the ball and sent it overnight or something. But for all that, brands are only as good as their dealer networks.
    Last edited by vagabondcyclist; 05-12-2016 at 04:19 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    My LBS sent in my 101 and I got it back after three weeks. That's the good part. The bad part is they sent me back a beat up/scratched up wheel with half the decals scratched up or torn off they also did not put rim tape back on. My LBS is trying to help me get this taken care of with Zipp/SRAM. However, it's been another couple weeks now with out a wheel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Was it definitely your wheel that you got back? As someone mentioned earlier, i took photos of my serial number just in case.

Tyres, tubes, rim tape, skewers etc should have all been removed before sending in the wheel(s).

RoadBikeReview Member
    For that kind of situation, I'm happy to live in Canada .... :-)
    I received my zipp in 3 days. Sorry for you guys, 3 weeks and more it's pretty long .
    2010 Cannondale super six HM liquigas (sram red) sold
    2009 Cannondale caad 9 BB30 Team (sram red)
    2008 Cannondale caad 9 (dura ace) sold
    2007 Cannondale caad 8 (ultegra) sold
    2007 Cannondale six 13 team bb30 (sram red)
    2006 Opus vivace (ultegra) sold

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Not sure if it was my wheel or not. Only saw it for a second when it came back. My LBS has it while dealing with Zipp.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shotojs78 View Post
    For that kind of situation, I'm happy to live in Canada .... :-)
    I received my zipp in 3 days. Sorry for you guys, 3 weeks and more it's pretty long .
    Doesn't seem to apply to the whole country? I'm in Calgary and they've had my wheel for a month and a half.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    In Toronto. We've had our carbon zipps coming back within a couple of weeks consistently. However, this recall also applies to the aluminum 101's. Those are not coming back yet (been 4 weeks now). My guess is that since zipp is not rebuilding the 101's but instead replacing them with zipp 30's there is a hold up on the replacement wheels.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterertundra0 View Post
    Doesn't seem to apply to the whole country? I'm in Calgary and they've had my wheel for a month and a half.
    Mine took about 5 weeks from the day I dropped it off at the LBS to the day I picked them up. The LBS sent them to the Zipp distributor (I think Norco) in the Toronto area and they did the hub replacement and truing of the wheel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodboyr View Post
    In Toronto. We've had our carbon zipps coming back within a couple of weeks consistently. However, this recall also applies to the aluminum 101's. Those are not coming back yet (been 4 weeks now). My guess is that since zipp is not rebuilding the 101's but instead replacing them with zipp 30's there is a hold up on the replacement wheels.
    I got my 101s back along with my 404s.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    The shop told me all wheels are being shipped to Toronto so I can see why you'd get them quickly there. I have an old 404 with an aluminum brake track which is now sold as a 60. I did get a call 2 weeks ago that they broke my rim and were replacing with a brand new 60.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    What hub are folks getting? I got a 2014 V9 88, others have gotten the 2015 77. It looks like they used the same spokes on the 2014 V9 88.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    2014 v9 88

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    Really
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zipp manning up and doing a full recall-img_1756.jpg   Zipp manning up and doing a full recall-img_1755.jpg   Zipp manning up and doing a full recall-img_1744.jpg   Zipp manning up and doing a full recall-img_1745.jpg   Zipp manning up and doing a full recall-img_1758.jpg  

Zipp manning up and doing a full recall-img_1757.jpg  
    Last edited by Bogie; 04-21-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: No responses

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234