Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Post pics of your custom steed here...

Let's build a thread of eye candy, show off your custom builds here and share you experiences good, bad and review. Loved watching the custom builders shown on Youtube. It's got my interest up on custom builds. Cheers..

Formosan Cyclocross
    Ok! I'll bite.

Here is my Seven Axiom SL

Seven was really easy to work with. The fit is perfect. The ride is exactly what I wanted.
    Although they're larger than a one-man operation, they really know how to translate the language of the customer into a great frame. I know who made my bike and I went from placing my order to picking up my frame in four weeks... 12,000 miles from Watertown, MA. They are kind of techie for a craft builder, but I kind of dig that too. So far, so good. I think about riding this bike all the time when I'm not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your custom steed here...-seven.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-stays.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-stay2.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-front.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here is the latest picture of my custom Tsunami.

I've had the bike for a little over a year now and still really love it. The bike rides, handles and performs as I wanted it to...so no complaints there. For the price and speed they were able to get it to me, I was amazed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your custom steed here...-tsunami-cc1.jpg  
    Bikes:
    • 2017 Giant TCR Advanced Disc
    • 2017 Fuji Norcom Straight 2.1

RoadBikeReview Member

Whoooa!

That came out nice! Haha, I lived in Watertown for a few years. No bike builders there at the time. They were all over in Somerville at Tanguy some 35 years ago. You must be one of the few Seven owners in Taiwan!

Quote Originally Posted by Dajianshan
    Ok! I'll bite.

Here is my Seven Axiom SL

Seven was really easy to work with. The fit is perfect. The ride is exactly what I wanted.
    Although they're larger than a one-man operation, they really know how to translate the language of the customer into a great frame. I know who made my bike and I went from placing my order to picking up my frame in four weeks... 12,000 miles from Watertown, MA. They are kind of techie for a craft builder, but I kind of dig that too. So far, so good. I think about riding this bike all the time when I'm not.
    i've got limited minutes left in life, don't waste my time

Formosan Cyclocross
    @boneman

Thanks! You have some very nice stuff to post as well.

I am aware of 8 other Seven road bikes and a few more mountain bikes. Not many.
    More and more though. I think I am the poorest person to own one in Taiwan, though.

RoadBikeReview Member

Here's a couple from the UK

Corrado...a couple of guys who worked at Cougar where their claim to fame was building some frames for Boardman. Located in Abbey Wall by Liverpool. I didn't understand scouser and he didn't understand American English. Lol, it got buildt anyway. Deda 14.5 and Tig'd. Fitted on a stationary fitting jig. Nice and tight geometry with lots of toe overlap. I pranged it badly in an accident near the Tesco on Earl's Court road, hitting a....Ford Fiesta, what else and had it rebuilt. In hindsight, I should have looked up Ron Cooper who was still building at the time but hindsight is just that. Nothing wrong with the Corrado which is great fun to ride.

Chas Roberts, a well known marque in Blighty and located in Croydon, part of greater London. Custom single speed, fillet brazed from Columbus Nivachrom tubes. Fitting was done by taking a few measurements. It's a solid ride and a keeper.

Sadly, both are in storage as I when I moved to China, I left the Corrado behind and then in Shanghai, I bought a Samson Keirin frame and sent the Roberts into storage when I moved to Singapore.

My Kalavinka, custom made in Tokyo, Japan is on a current thread in the Bikes section. That was measured on a stationary jig and I must say, my favorite of the four custom steel bikes I have had made.

I also have a Marinoni Giro custom but unfortunately no pics with me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your custom steed here...-dscn4676-custom-.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-dscn6903-custom-.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-dscn8509-custom-.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-dscn8510-custom-.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-dscn6952-custom-.jpg  

Post pics of your custom steed here...-dscn6963-custom-.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-dscn8534-custom-.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-dscn8535-custom-.jpg  

Dr. Flats a lot

Circle A

Old meets new. Just a brilliant bike. Oversize 959 stainless with compact geometry. Very racer friendly. Sits right between typical steel ride and carbon race bike. Very comfortable on long rides, road races, with a lot of punch for the finishing sprint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your custom steed here...-dsc_0216.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-dsc_0217.jpg  

Yo no fui.

Nothing to see here ...

I need to update these photos of my Black Sheep as I now have a ti Black Sheep stem as well ... but you get the idea. Black Sheep "Dirt Road" Bike: warning may cause bike lust
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your custom steed here...-imgp2539.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-imgp2523.jpg  
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

Formosan Cyclocross
    Lots of nice stuff.

@boneman- That Kavalinka needs to be here for future reference. Nice stable of British customs.

@Zoikz- Orange belongs on bikes. When I told my friends I was getting a custom ti, many were disappointed it wouldn't be orange. That Circle A is gorgeous!

@Pablo- The Black Sheep with that rack is a study in industrial design.

Yo no fui.
    @Pablo- The Black Sheep with that rack is a study in industrial design.
    It's actually been changed since that picture was taken, I just realized. It now has a second bar on each side to hang the paniers lower so you still have the total top of the platform open for use.

There's pictures on Black Sheep's Facebook page, though the link won't seem to work.

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

RoadBikeReview Member

Kirk Frameworks

Dave Kirk built me a bike and I have been riding it since January. A little hit and miss with the weather, but loving it so far. Fast, responsive and very stable. Had the pleasure of meeting Dave in person last summer out in Bozeman.

From Rides

From Rides

From Rides

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005

My Tsunami

My Tsunami:

Last edited by chairmandave; 04-24-2011 at 11:10 PM.

your god hates me
    Orange belongs on bikes.
    You know it! Here's my orange custom Strong

(also featured in this thread Carl Strong road bike w/ S&S couplers )

...and a more recent pic, just to prove I actually ride the thing:

Yo no fui.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    I need to update these photos of my Black Sheep as I now have a ti Black Sheep stem as well ... but you get the idea. Black Sheep "Dirt Road" Bike: warning may cause bike lust
    Here's the updated photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your custom steed here...-imgp7748.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-imgp7747.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-imgp7750.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-imgp7749.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-imgp7746.jpg  

Just Plain Bitter

Il mio Pegoretti arrivato! Dial-Up Beware

My Pegoretti arrived today. It is second hand but was barely ridden by the previous owner. I purchased from the widow and am so grateful to have met her. I had ridden with her husband a number of years ago was familiar with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wow, love the Pego. IIRC the Duende was sold as the best all arounder. Beautiful with the Record parts to boot!

RoadBikeReview Member

Ti Fork

The more I look the more I like. Certainly different. Custom build? And how do you like the fork? Nice ride......

RoadBikeReview Member

S&S---nice!!

I remember when orange used to be a really popular color...some 30 years ago. Good to see one. That is one big frame...how tall? Do you travel with it much or did you have the S & S couplers done just to have the option? Nice ride!

Formosan Cyclocross
    That is a fine looking bike. A more understated Pegoretti.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've always like white bikes with red panels....

Just Plain Bitter

So now I know what all the hoopla about a custom steel bike is about

Just looking at the welds and the paint job you can see the craftsmanship that went in to making this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

your god hates me
    Quote Originally Posted by boneman
    That is one big frame...how tall? Do you travel with it much or did you have the S & S couplers done just to have the option?
    I'm 6' tall, I usually ride a 58cm or a 57cm frame. This one, due to the sloping TT, is hard to measure, but istr the "virtual toptube length" is around 56.5cm. It's definitely a bit more compact than my other bikes, but the fit is phenomenal; Carl really knows his schidt when it comes to making a bike that'll do what you want it to based on your dimensions & desires.

I don't travel with bikes much; in the past I was always renting or borrowing bikes when I went out of town, but I started to feel that not having my own bike was putting me at a disadvantage on those trips. A year ago my wife & I did the Markleeville Death Ride & we definitely wanted to have our own bikes with us for that epic ride, so we borrowed some large TriCo travel cases and took our Cannondales from New York to California. That experience taught us two things:

1) having your own bike, one that fits you perfectly & that you're extremely comfortable on, is well worth the hassle of bringing it on a trip.
    2) having to drag a full size (non-coupled) bike through airports, in & out of taxis & rental cars, and in&out of hotel rooms is a huge pain in the ass!

As soon as we returned from that trip we decided to get coupled bikes. Took delivery of teh Strong in late December, so far have only flown with it once...but we already have two more trips planned, so we're looking forward to many rides all over the globe with these.

And irrespective of the couplers, it is a seriously badass bike! Rides like a dream.

Formosan Cyclocross
    I think RS bikes are exquisitely classy bikes. They are exactly what you imagine a proper road bike to look like.

Windrider (Stubborn)

Custom # 1 Dave Kirk Fixie

.................................................. .......................................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your custom steed here...-15-head-tube-front.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-brake-cable-hanger.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-33-jb-logo.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-21-fork-crown-front-2.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-9-bb.jpg  

Post pics of your custom steed here...-10-stem-side-full.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-19-full-ht-side.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-18-painted-headtube.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-32-full-bike.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images     

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Windrider (Stubborn)

Custom # 2 Rickard Sachs Signature

.................................................. .................................................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your custom steed here...-headtube.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-side-front.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-back-corner.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-cluster.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-painted-bb.jpg  

Post pics of your custom steed here...-full-side-16.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-ride-report-10-2007010-small.jpg   Post pics of your custom steed here...-ride-report-10-2007011-small.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast