d2p
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

2012 UCI Masters World Cyclo-cross Championships online registration opens TOMORROW

November 1, 2011 (Louisville, KY) - Online registration for the 2012 UCI Masters Cyclo-cross World Championships, scheduled for January 12th-15th in Louisville, KY, will open on November 2nd at 8am eastern time on BikeReg.com.

Participants can register for the following age groups: M / W 30-34; M / W 35-39; M / W 40-44; M / W 45-49;

M / W 50-54; M /W 55-59; M / W 60-64; Women 65+; Men 65-69; Men 70-74 and Men 75+. Pre-registered riders will begin being assigned their qualifying heat times (when necessary) on December 16th according to the following schedule and then on an on-going basis until on-line registration closes on January 8th, 2012. The number of heats will be determined according to the published guidelines. Registration opens with early pricing at $75 per rider through December 15th. On December 16th the entry fee moves to $100 per rider and closes on January 8th. On-site registration will be available for $125.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Link to registration page on BikeReg: 2012 UCI Masters Cyclo-Cross World Championships
    Interesting that Masters worlds registration opens two days before US Championships.
    Michael - There may not be an 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in suck!
    __0
    _ \ |_
    (O)/ (O)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

UCI license question

So, can anyone here answer this?

Wanna sign up now, but a valid UCI license number is required. I don't have one, but plan to buy a 2012 UCI lic. on Dec 1st, because it's required for this race. I realize I can buy one now and use the number, but that would really be a waste of money, since I would never use it. (the 2011 UCI license)

Is my only option to wait until I get a UCI license in December, and then register for the race at that time? (fee goes up Dec. 16th)

I'm guessing there will be MANY U.S. masters racers in this same situation, as there's just no reason to have a UCI license for the majority of us.

thanks-

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    It looks like you need a valid 2012 license to participate. You can get one *AFTER* Dec 1st,2011, as you noted. Buying one now will not get you a license valid for 2012.

Found this on USA cycling:

License Information
    NOTE: To change or add a club, you must buy or reissue the license. **All licenses purchased before 12/1/2011 will expire 12/31/2011.**

Maybe you can *register* without a UCI license, but only *participate* with one. Otherwise they could be forcing you to buy a new 2011 UCI license *AND* a 2012 UCI license, which would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by grodo View Post
    So, can anyone here answer this?

Wanna sign up now, but a valid UCI license number is required. I don't have one, but plan to buy a 2012 UCI lic. on Dec 1st, because it's required for this race. I realize I can buy one now and use the number, but that would really be a waste of money, since I would never use it. (the 2011 UCI license)

Is my only option to wait until I get a UCI license in December, and then register for the race at that time? (fee goes up Dec. 16th)

I'm guessing there will be MANY U.S. masters racers in this same situation, as there's just no reason to have a UCI license for the majority of us.

thanks-

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    i suspect you can write "pending" in the space provided. Not sure if I'm up for 4 nights in a hotel for this race, that's a lot of Louisville

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I renewed my license this year knowing that I wouldn't be needing a UCI license.

Quote Originally Posted by jroden View Post
    i suspect you can write "pending" in the space provided. Not sure if I'm up for 4 nights in a hotel for this race, that's a lot of Louisville

RoadBikeReview Member
    When you try to register without the UCI Code, BikeReg gives you a hint as the UCI Code is simply the country code and birthdate in year month day format (USAYYYYMMDD) so for example the UCI license for a US racer born on January 31, 1962 would have UCI code USA19620131).
    Last edited by ms6073; 11-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Michael - There may not be an 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in suck!
    __0
    _ \ |_
    (O)/ (O)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    I signed up, I just put in my current license number, and it went thru fine. I figure as long as I present my new "International " License at registration, I should be fine...

Anti-Hero
    I registered. I hope I win.
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog