RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

27mm or 28 mm CX tires w/ Ouzo Pro fork?

Does anyone have experience trying to fit either the 27mm Vittoria or 28mm Vred CX tires inside a normal Ouzo Pro or Ouzo Pro Lite road fork. I would like to be able to chase the kids through the woods and would prefer not ot have to buy another bike to do so. Is this an option? Many thanks in advance.

SPG

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    the brake caliper is more limiting than the fork crown. a 25 barely fits, I'm certain a 28 will not and if it does, there will no mud clearance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002

Panaracer

Pasela TG 700x32 fit in my Ouzo pro.Don't be impressed by that.The tires are smooth and are actually about 27-28mm wide/tall.If they had any knobs or tread they would rub.Rocks etc could damage the underside of the crown.

How about an old box crown road bike fork out of the can in the back of a bike shop?Yes,it will be threaded,but they'll probably give you a stem to go with it.You then only need a headset...

dan
    no signature

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

shims

Glue some little alum spacers in the dropouts and get rid of the lawyer tabs. Rode mine for two years, look road fork in my case. Don,t worry too much, road forks are strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajukembo
    the brake caliper is more limiting than the fork crown. a 25 barely fits, I'm certain a 28 will not and if it does, there will no mud clearance.