Thread: Boardman bikes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008

Boardman bikes

Anyone give input on these bikes?: http://www.boardmanbikes.com/cx/cx_team.html

Haven't found a place in the states where you can order. curious on pricing too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Boardman is currently (if I remember correctly) only sold through wiggle.co.uk. You can get them to ship to the states, but not though a local distributor. They appear to have a pretty good product, but there are a lot of good choices that have stateside support as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    I think they're Chinese made (what isn't these days) but my UK friends say they're pretty decent bikes. Chris Boardman holds the world hour record (or did at some point) and is a local legend in the UK.

An alternative is Focus from Germany. They do have local support so may be a better bet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    In addition to Focus, there is also Felt and November who have carbon disc cx bikes, and I'm sure there are others as well. Not sure why you would opt for the Boardman over some of those other options that would come with US based support.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    right......further research tells me you can't get these in the US.

I'm looking at the Felt and the Focus. may consider a November frame again...depends on the end build price. getting a fit done tomorrow so I'll have a better idea of what I can ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by krisdrum View Post
    In addition to Focus, there is also Felt and November who have carbon disc cx bikes, and I'm sure there are others as well. Not sure why you would opt for the Boardman over some of those other options that would come with US based support.
    The November HOT BUNS frame is canti only, there was an option if you pre-ordered for either a canti or disk fork. Since the frames are almost out of production (should arrive in June) I think your only option now is a full canti frameset from the extra stock they ordered to meet the MOQ from the factory.

Can't wait until mine arrives, I have the carbon road frame (same factory as the cx frame) and it is a blast to ride. I also bought one of their scandium test frames when they decided not to go with those, raced it all of last season, that is an awesome frame as well.