RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008

cloth numbers and glue

So I've been gluing my numbers on for a few years. Now my cx series is going to cloth numbers. Any tips or trick for gluing cloth numbers?

Pretty much only thing I have come up with is to glue it to an old paper number, then glue it on me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by seppo17 View Post
    So I've been gluing my numbers on for a few years. Now my cx series is going to cloth numbers. Any tips or trick for gluing cloth numbers?

Pretty much only thing I have come up with is to glue it to an old paper number, then glue it on me.
    iron on glue webbing for fabric

Slowski
    No help here, but thanks for the reminder to pack some spray adhesive for Gloucester.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    There is a product called temporary fabric adhesive. I'm not sure if it will hold for a 'cross race, so buy a spray can at your local fabric store and try it in training first.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have been using 3M Super77 (spray adhesive) for the past 6 years. I had my first cloth number a few weeks ago.

One of the things I do with spray adhesive, on any new number, is put a couple layers on and let them dry completely (about 15 min). Then spay lightly again, let it tack up, slightly tacky to the touch, and apply. If it is still wet when sticking to your kit it will leave loads of residue.

I used this same procedure for my cloth number and everything was fine. I was able to remove it without any issues, by easily stretching the kit around the edges of the number and it regularly lifts right off.