Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    Here, browse through these... This is where I buy all my frames.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...tId=0&manual=y

Have you experienced any hidden fees buying direct like this? I see I can order the Dirty Disco version frame and fork for under $520 including shipping. Still enjoying your DD? You mentioned you're 200lb or so correct and bike is feeling solid? Thanks in advance...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...608314270.html

sean

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by seanstokley View Post

Have you experienced any hidden fees buying direct like this? I see I can order the Dirty Disco version frame and fork for under $520 including shipping. Still enjoying your DD? You mentioned you're 200lb or so correct and bike is feeling solid? Thanks in advance...

2013 new cyclocross frame,carbon cyclocross frame with disc brakes ,carbon cyclocross bicycle frame-in Bicycle Frame from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com

sean
    No hidden fees. Just ask for a quote and they'll include the shipping cost. If you pay with paypal, they'll add a 3 or 5% fee, but its shown in the invoice. I've never had any issues with ordering direct from any of the companies on Alibaba.

The DD is awesome, I like it more and more with every ride. The thing is rock solid. Stiff, light, excellent geometry.

banned
    Sep 2012
    i contacted a-baygoods to see if they had a pre built carbon wheel set which accepts disc brakes.

i want to buy all three of my carbon project bikes and stuff all at same time.

so trying to get everything from one source.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by loona View Post
    i contacted a-baygoods to see if they had a pre built carbon wheel set which accepts disc brakes.

i want to buy all three of my carbon project bikes and stuff all at same time.

so trying to get everything from one source.
    I bought the rims M23C from Jason at Ican Sports, the same place I got my frame. They're 29er carbon rims. I'm sure they can be built up with with disc hubs, if they don't already offer them as a wheelset. They're tubeless ready as well.

EDIT: I bought them from Jason at Carbonality, not Ican... Sorry...
    NSS M23C - BK - 29er mtb clincher carbon wheelset - 29er MTB - Wheels
    Last edited by mattsavage; 10-17-2012 at 08:45 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    I bought the rims M23C from Jason at Ican Sports, the same place I got my frame. They're 29er carbon rims. I'm sure they can be built up with with disc hubs, if they don't already offer them as a wheelset. They're tubeless ready as well.

how wide are these rims? the website says 19mm. is that internal width, or external? could you mount road tires comfortably as well as wider than average (40mm) cx tires?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    They're 23.5mm wide, externally, 19mm internally. Yeah, road to cx no problem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    They're 23.5mm wide, externally, 19mm internally. Yeah, road to cx no problem.
    I have wheels from Light-Bicycle built on similar rims and would think it best to be cautious about that. These are tubeless rims used primarily for XC mountain biking where tire pressures average 23-35 psi and rarely exceed 50-60 psi so a road tire mounted/inflated at 90-110 psi might not be a good idea.
    There may not be an 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in suck!
    __0
    _ \ |_
    (O)/ (O)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009

When you set these up tubeless, is it like Stans rims where you hear a loud pop or two as the tire is inflating, with the result being that the bead seems to 'lock' onto the rim, requiring some force to dislodge even at zero pressure? I don't know how to evaluate the tubeless readiness claim...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jared_j View Post
    When you set these up tubeless, is it like Stans rims where you hear a loud pop or two as the tire is inflating, with the result being that the bead seems to 'lock' onto the rim, requiring some force to dislodge even at zero pressure? I don't know how to evaluate the tubeless readiness claim...
    Yes, I get a pop as the bead rides up over the bead seat... I have no idea if it "locks" in or not, haven't deflated them. It's a tight fit on the bead seat though, took a little work to get the tires to seat evenly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    I have wheels from Light-Bicycle built on similar rims and would think it best to be cautious about that. These are tubeless rims used primarily for XC mountain biking where tire pressures average 23-35 psi and rarely exceed 50-60 psi so a road tire mounted/inflated at 90-110 psi might not be a good idea.
    Yeah, you're right... I emailed the manufacturer and they don't recommend road tires, tubeless or regular. Max psi is 60 on these rims. Good to know.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sanrensho View Post
    Pulled the trigger on an MC024 frame (Dirty Disco) yesterday from Miracle Trade. I hope this goes well.

Now a mad rush to get a rear disc wheel build and 31.6 seatpost.

Curious to know how your DD project is/has come along. How was your experience buying from Miracle Trade? Considering buying manufacturer direct like some folks in this forum as I'm doing some research before letting loose with the money. Any information would be valuable. thanks in advance

sean

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Curious to know how your DD project is/has come along. How was your experience buying from Miracle Trade? Considering buying manufacturer direct like some folks in this forum as I'm doing some research before letting loose with the money. Any information would be valuable. thanks in advance

sean
    These companies are super easy to work with. You find a product you're interested in,make initial contact via their website, keep an email chain going after that, ask all the questions you want, barter for the best price, ask them to cut you a deal if ordering multiple items like bars, stems, seatposts..., then they send you an invoice, you pay (paypal usually is an additional fee) and everything magically arrives. If everything you order is in stock, then it can be just a matter of days to get here.

The best time to contact them is in our afternoon and evenings (pacific time...), their working hours over there. You can often get responses with in the hour that way,. depending on the vendor. Otherwise it can take a day or two to respond.

It's best to order everything at once from them... Bars, seatposts, stems, wheels, etc. you'll get better quotes on shipping, they'll often throw in extras for free like the seatpost collar, waterbottle cages, extra spokes, skewers, etc. Their OEM components are some of the best. I race everything on them from CX to Super D and never had a failure, excellent products.

If you're on a budget, this is the way to go. Way better than buying used and still cheaper than buying closeouts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    These companies are super easy to work with. You find a product you're interested in,make initial contact via their website, keep an email chain going after that, ask all the questions you want, barter for the best price, ask them to cut you a deal if ordering multiple items like bars, stems, seatposts..., then they send you an invoice, you pay (paypal usually is an additional fee) and everything magically arrives. If everything you order is in stock, then it can be just a matter of days to get here.

The best time to contact them is in our afternoon and evenings (pacific time...), their working hours over there. You can often get responses with in the hour that way,. depending on the vendor. Otherwise it can take a day or two to respond.

It's best to order everything at once from them... Bars, seatposts, stems, wheels, etc. you'll get better quotes on shipping, they'll often throw in extras for free like the seatpost collar, waterbottle cages, extra spokes, skewers, etc. Their OEM components are some of the best. I race everything on them from CX to Super D and never had a failure, excellent products.

If you're on a budget, this is the way to go. Way better than buying used and still cheaper than buying closeouts.
    Good feedback. I have been thinking of going this route but hesitant to pull the trigger.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003

sean
    I dealt with Mecy at Miracle Trade, and everything went without a hitch. I did ask a lot of questions (including general reservations about paying up front without guarantees), and Mecy answered everything to my satisfaction. PM me for contact info and more details.

The frame was flawlessly packaged and arrived quickly. Build was relatively smooth. I will be riding the bike for the first time this week.

It's best to order everything at once from them... Bars, seatposts, stems, wheels, etc. you'll get better quotes on shipping, they'll often throw in extras for free like the seatpost collar, waterbottle cages, extra spokes, skewers, etc.
    I found they were firm on their pricing, despite repeatedly asking. There was a slight discount on the frame but no freebies.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sanrensho View Post
    Could you expand on this? My supplier (Miracle Trade) was vague about whether their frame is the same as the DD, although she said it was from the "OEM factory."

So are the DD and DD-like frames all definitely made in the same factory? And wholesalers order them in different specs (BB, paint)? Is the carbon layup the same though?
    I have no idea. I ordered mine from On One but I see several others on the RBR forums that look identical, and the owners ordered them from different places. No clue if they all share the same layup. The DD weighs 1280 grams in a Large size (56cm), which is competitive for a frame that uses a pinned joint on the stay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrock View Post
    I have no idea. I ordered mine from On One but I see several others on the RBR forums that look identical, and the owners ordered them from different places. No clue if they all share the same layup. The DD weighs 1280 grams in a Large size (56cm), which is competitive for a frame that uses a pinned joint on the stay.
    Thanks! Mine came in at 1,114 grams in a 50cm size.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    I'm not having any luck finding a Chinese/Taiwanese carbon disc frame/fork with bottom bracket drop in the 67-70 mm area. Anybody know of any frames with this sort of drop? Something to more closely match the BB drop of say the new Fuji Altamira 1.3 disc or Hakkalugi disc. Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I'm not having any luck finding a Chinese/Taiwanese carbon disc frame/fork with bottom bracket drop in the 67-70 mm area. Anybody know of any frames with this sort of drop? Something to more closely match the BB drop of say the new Fuji Altamira 1.3 disc or Hakkalugi disc. Thanks
    Yea the BB drop is more like 58mm. Does anyone have these geometry chart for the other carbon models? This is FM059:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cyclocross specific chinese carbon-fm059-geometry.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    For reference, the Ibis Hakkalügi Disc geometry:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cyclocross specific chinese carbon-picture-1.png  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    2013 Fuji Altamira CX 1.3 geo:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cyclocross specific chinese carbon-picture-2.png  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    The Ridley 2012 X-Fire Disc | Geo:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cyclocross specific chinese carbon-picture-3.png  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005

BB Drop

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    OK, this just in: BB drop on the Miracle AC098 and the Jiyan JY-C-071 is 67 mm (this is for a 54 cm frame size)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    BB drop on the MC-024 (Dirty Disco) is 68mm for all sizes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    What is the delivery time like on the carbon/disc frames from China off from the Alibaba site?

Thanks,

Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Does anyone know if you can you get one of the Alibaba sellers to add all white paint to the frame fork? (so the bike is all white - not black or raw carbon w/ clear-coat)

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast