Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Decidiing between Bianchi Volpe or Masi Randonneur

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kmanpfk 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to purchase my first steel bike and I have narrowed mt choice between the
Bianchi Vople or Masi Speciale Randonneur.

I will be using the bike for casual to moderate weekend day rides of 25- 50 miles and I will
not be loading up with panniers.

Which bike have the better quality frame and will prove to be the more smoother and
comfortable and fun to ride over longer periods?

Thanks

#2 ·
If you are thinking of using it for cyclcross as well as the riding you listed below, the Volpe is a better choice. Cantilever brakes provide greater clearance for wider, knobby tires. The caliper road brakes on the Masi will really limit your tire choices for cross.

If you are just using it for the riding you described, it would probably be a toss up. For touring/ general riding like you described you would probably be better off posting this in the Commuting/ Touring board. Might have a better chance of getting some feedback closer to your use there.

#3 ·
blueutopia said:
Hello,

I am looking to purchase my first steel bike and I have narrowed mt choice between the
Bianchi Vople or Masi Speciale Randonneur.

I will be using the bike for casual to moderate weekend day rides of 25- 50 miles and I will
not be loading up with panniers.

Which bike have the better quality frame and will prove to be the more smoother and
comfortable and fun to ride over longer periods?

Thanks
You would be mucgh better served asking that question here.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

#4 ·
I have a Volpe and highly recommend it for just about anything:
- road, towpath, cross, commuting, trail, and yes - even CX racing - although probably a bit slowly.
i often do most or all of these in a single ride, including the 5-park ride starting at my house, going thru 5 different parks, all sorts of terrain, and returning home on street.

for me, steel is the way to go for comfort and longevity and the volpe has a very favorable geometry.

i havent ridden the masi so can't offer any info on the Speciale Randonneur, but they do make a sweet looking machine

AND - many Volpe riders read this and other threads

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.