RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

easton slx carbon tubulars?

would this make a good cx wheelset?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    I think so, and will let you know when I get to ride mine. Just starting the gluing and hope to race the wheels this coming weekend.

My thinking is that they are light, well made, and supposedly quite strong. What more could one want in a cross wheelset?

External nipples=easier to true.

Others?

Captain Obvious
    are these the wheels that keep popping up on chainlove? i saw them for 600-700 the one time. now more like 1200, if they are the same
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomk96
    are these the wheels that keep popping up on chainlove? i saw them for 600-700 the one time. now more like 1200, if they are the same
    I never saw them on Chain Love, but heck that doesn't mean anything, cause I could have easily missed them. The Easton wheelset I do remember seeing there was the EA90 aeros, which would make a pretty good clincher set of cross wheels, but I have not seem them for awhile on there.

Captain Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by lousylegs
    I never saw them on Chain Love, but heck that doesn't mean anything, cause I could have easily missed them. The Easton wheelset I do remember seeing there was the EA90 aeros, which would make a pretty good clincher set of cross wheels, but I have not seem them for awhile on there.
    i may have confused the two.
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

¿Por Que?
    Aug 2007
    The EC90 SLX have indeed been on chainlove. I don't know about being as low as $600, but they have been there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Also the EA70 tubular wheelset has been on there for 2 or 3-something ...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    The wheels I have are ec90 slx carbon tubulars. I did not get mine there but on eBay, so not sure about the chainlove connection.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 1969
    I have a set lined up for next year. My understanding on them is that the rim is stronger than most deep section because manufac. have to keep the deep section weight down while making the rim deeper. With a shallower section, more carbon can be used to strengthen the wheel. Plus they have more spokes than something like the EC90 Aeros. I have used them on the road and the braking is quite solid -- that would be my only other concern.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quick take on my first race on the slxs is that they are a great wheel for cross. I will, of course, need to wait for some sense of longevity since that will really be, for me, a big factor. But, after today's race, I think they are very smooth. They spin up very nicely--as they should since they are nearly a pound lighter that my other race wheels which were pretty darned light already. And, after banging them around on a fast and bumpy course, I think they are as true as they were out of the box.

I am quite happy with the purchase right now. I will really need a full 'cross season for a sense of how well they hold up, but off to a great start.