RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012

Felt F55X vs Fuji Cross 1.0 vs Cannondale Caadx Disc Ultegra?

Hello All,
    I am entering the sport of cyclocross and am looking for some advice on bikes. I am not new to cycling so I do have some idea and knowledge about bikes. I want to stick around $2000. At this time I have narrowed my search down to 3 bikes, Felt F55X; Fuji Cross 1.0; and Cannondale Caadx Disc Ultegra. All are aluminum frames with ultegra components. I figured I would go with an aluminum frame and get some better components. Any thoughts? I am also planning to commute with the bike and take long road trips with the family. What are your thoughts on the bikes I listed and/or any other suggestions that would be comparable?

I also have looked at the Felt F4x which I can get a new 2013 model for $2299 from my local bike dealer. Any opinions on this bike?

Thanks for your help!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    whatever your LBS carries and what fits you the best.

None of them will help you win races over the others.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks Simonaway427 for the input. With that said I am narrowing it down to either the Felt or Cannondale as I do not have a Fuji dealership nearby that has a 2012 Cross 1.0 left in stock.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I thought the CAADX was a quality bike in its last revision, assuming that 2013 will be no different. I do not know enough to comment on their disc brakes (compared to BB7's for example), but the Ultegra parts, carbon fork, and frame look to be good matches.

If it's under $2000, I think it will be a good product perhaps a step above say the Specialized Crux Apex disc.