RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002

FSA Gossamer -- ISIS or Shimano V1 spline -- what would you do?

Hi,

I can't say I've had luck with ISIS in the past on my mtn. bike (RaceFace Evolve), but have had good luck with ES-70 bbs. With the FSA cranks you have the option of going with either ISIS or the Shimano V1 spline -- and right now I am leaning towards the Shimano.

Any thoughts either way?

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member

Isis Bb

Quote Originally Posted by Colin_S
    Hi,

I can't say I've had luck with ISIS in the past on my mtn. bike (RaceFace Evolve), but have had good luck with ES-70 bbs. With the FSA cranks you have the option of going with either ISIS or the Shimano V1 spline -- and right now I am leaning towards the Shimano.

Any thoughts either way?

Thanks.
    FSA Energy Compact crank with an ISIS Platinum Pro BB.

Off the back

Thumbs up I run the FSA / ISIS

Quote Originally Posted by Colin_S
    Hi,

Any thoughts either way?

Thanks.
    FSA gossamer and Truvativ ISIS. Built the bike in September, no problems with it. Built on a Surly Cross Check with a 113 spindle (I think?). I remember the spindle length seemed to be a bit a a "tweener", but Andy from Surly said it was more a fuction of crank than frame and the 113 should probably work.

I originally wanted the Octalink, but the crank was backordered 2 months and decided to build the ISIS instead since it was in stock. I did need to buy yet another BB tool, but c'est la' vie.

Never had an issue with chain suck, slipping cranks, noisy BB, nothing. Raced 5X this season, ridden lots of trails and foul weather road riding w/o a problem. Thumbs up here!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

choice

Isis. That way you can choose who to buy your BB from. I bought a Truvative and am very happy with it.