Thread: gaint tcx 1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010

gaint tcx 1

Any info or opions on this bike plse. New to sport and limited budget including what the shop carries. Only Giant and specialized.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    I love my TCX1....its a lot of bike for the price....The Rival Groupo is butter....the only thing I changed is the saddle and the wheelset (only because I wanted a tubeless wheelset)...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks. A buddy donated a new set of mavic aksium race wheels. He's like a dealer, trying to get me hooked. lol They only have about a 100 miles on them and he's moved up to something for more money.

Seat, he swears by ISM. I sat on it and it felt great. He has the race but I most likely will go with the road version.

Good to hear you're happy with your ride.

RoadBikeReview Member

Pics?

Any pics of your bike setup?
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    sorry no. Still waiting for it. My size is going to take 8 weeks for the 2011.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    I am new this year to the sport but I am a long time dirt bag and mtb racer. I use this bike for everything from short distance tri's to road rides. I have seven cross races in this year and it has been awesome! I dropped the top bar brake levers and put a 38t ring on for the small ring, mine came with a 34t. Also the Kenda Samll Blocks seemed sketchy so I went with Hutchy Bulldogs and they are sweet. My 2010 58.5 is 18.5 lbs or so.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby doo
    Thanks. A buddy donated a new set of mavic aksium race wheels. He's like a dealer, trying to get me hooked. lol They only have about a 100 miles on them and he's moved up to something for more money.

Seat, he swears by ISM. I sat on it and it felt great. He has the race but I most likely will go with the road version.

Good to hear you're happy with your ride.
    I went with the Ultegra tubeless wheels and the new Hutch Bulldogs...I picked up a Selle Flight Team saddle (not real comfy but the price was right and the color scheme matched) I did also go to a EC70 seatpost...

you will love the bike when i comes in...
    Last edited by Scalpeler; 10-28-2010 at 08:50 AM.