Not Banned

great racing today

Don't want to post any spoilers but GP Mario de Clerq was a great course with great racing
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Not Banned
    112 views and no one wants to discuss?
    Katie Compton was the only one to follow Maud Kaptheijns ridiculously fast start and dropped her by lap 3 and soloed to victory in dominant fashion. Lars Van Der Haar took advantage of Wout and MVdP marking each other and squeaked away for a solo victory. First race in quite some time where MVdP didn't ride away from everyone. Looks like we'll have some racing this season

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    Although I'm a big fan of MvdP, it was great to see someone win besides MvdP and Wout with both of them are in the race. When was the last time someone other than Wout or MvdP won when both of them were on the starting grid? Exciting!

Corey213
    Very exciting mens race since MvDP wasn't off the front the whole time. Seeing Lars ride that quick left and right chicane when Wout and MvDP both ran it (and slip) was very interesting.

As for KFC. Great to see her in good form and rip the course up. Anyone know what was up with Sanne Cante? I want to see KFC win the world Championship.

Not Banned
    Was great seeing more than 2 riders in the hunt for the top spots. Katie's performance was like Katie of old. I feared at the start of the season those days were behind her.
    Sanne was supposedly sick all night after winning on Saturday. Yesterday was her birthday. Felt bad for her.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    I wasn't able to watch, and I like MVDP and Wout, but it was great to see that there is some other competition out there.

Mountain biker
    Oct 2007
    I missed the ladies race but was glad to read about KFC taking the win!
    I caught the last half of the mens race and was shouting at the computer for LVdH to pull it off! When I saw MVdP make that hard attack with I think 3 to go, I figured that was it and another win in his typical fashion. Clearly not so! I've always liked Van der Haar a lot, he's sort of like this current generation's OG for moving out of the U23 early because he needed competition.

JeffOYB
    Apr 2006
    The dudes were awesome! Talk about counterpunching! It was cute watching the boys in light blue be chasers for awhile then move up and duke it a bit then get stuffed back. So many took a chance off the front! Then W and M made their big slugs yet they couldn't shed the Rabbit! Then he used them perfectly -- and also threw down moves they couldn't follow.

Katie's win was boring, sorry. I heard the phrase "jet lag" being tossed around in interviews during both races amid the non-English -- then Mark said in English that Katie uses a Formula 1 racer trick: ignore it.