dropped!

Guerciotti Cross Force

i'm considering one of these frames for a my first cross build. does anyone have any opinions on this frame? certainly guerciotti's history in cross frames is solid, but there's no info at all on the internets.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Guerciotti frames are super stiff. Most of them have a bit higher bottom bracket than most. It's a very race oriented frame, quick handling.

I was always under the impression that a Guerciotti would make a great race bike but would be a bit too harsh and unsuited for an all around bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    one small thing is that the BB is Italian thread I think. Just something to keep in mind when you are building it.

Game on, b*tches!
    They have several models. Some use Italian, some are English. Just get the right one
    Originally Posted by tetter
    'Pain is temporary, and there might be beer at the finish line'

"Karma is spread in lots of different ways. You know, like herpes."
    catzilla
    "I'm an American male. This is pizza. Leave me alone!"
    Alton Brown
    ohnoIaintsuckingnomore.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

I love mine

I've got this exact bike and love it. It is stiff, dose have a higher bottom bracket and italian tread. No big deal there any high end bike shop should have one. Also the top tube is ever so slightly higher at the seat tube than at the head tube which gives you lots of room for shouldering. It is designed to de a pure race bike but I do ride mine around town and on some mountain bike trails with no problem. I really don't think you will be disappointed if you pick one up. Plus there not that common here in the states (at leased here in Utah) so you won't show up at a race with what everyone else has. Enjoy

Rich

RoadBikeReview Member
    I totally agree with rich. light, stiff, handles great.... Very race friendly cable routing. Race on Sunday, ride to work Monday. Comfortable cockpit... I am really pleased. Mine is all aluminum (carbon fork), and has the Italian BB. I am no expert, but the IT BB bigger stiffer?? (maybe, don't know) Yah, no fret on the IT BB, besides the bearings everything else is same. How often do you go through bearings anyway??

I also agree that it is something different... everyones got a ridley or specialized, right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guerciotti Cross Force-img00028.jpg  
    Last edited by Quicklaps; 10-28-2008 at 07:21 AM.

Game on, b*tches!
    No. I have an Empella

catzilla
    Alton Brown

flinty-eyed moderator
    The classic frame for this is the Redlines. Cheap and excellent cross frames. Plenty of good deals on older AL Specialized Tricross frames too.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

dropped!
    thanks all!

i think i am going to buy the cross force as a b'day present to myself this week. i'm going to have to sell the commute bike or the lil' lady will throw a fit!

tho those who have experience with the guerciotti: how did you size you frame? did you go with the same top tube size as your road bike? did you go slightly smaller?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I went with the same top tube length. 54.5 The seat tube measures 56 I think. It is definatly taller because of the higher bottom bracket and the slightly rear angeled top tube I mentioned above.

Parlee fan!

Standover

Quote Originally Posted by r_mutt
    thanks all!

i think i am going to buy the cross force as a b'day present to myself this week. i'm going to have to sell the commute bike or the lil' lady will throw a fit!

tho those who have experience with the guerciotti: how did you size you frame? did you go with the same top tube size as your road bike? did you go slightly smaller?

I have a Cross Force and it's a ton of fun. Just be mindful of your inseam. The CF, like any traditional cross bikes have a higher standover and a shorter top tube.

I'm 6 foot 1 and usually ride a 56 or a 57. My cross force is a 55. It's a perfect fit for me.

Guerciotti Cross Force - SRAM project completed.

Joe
    Ow.. ow.. oww... CRAMP!

dropped!
    sizing for me on a road bike is usually 52 ctc seat tube and 54 ctc top tube. the 52 Crossforce has a top tube of 53.5 ctc - which is perfect. the seat tube is 52 CTC .

in the pictures i've seen of the bike, i do not see the slight rise in the top tube by the seat, rich. does the frame slope downward towards the headtube?

because of the extra stand over height from the cx tires, should i order a 50? (the 50 frame has a top tube of 52.5 ctc and a 50 cm ctc seat tube).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I would stick with the 52. To ME top tube length is more important than standover height. I'm shure someone out there will disagree but in my 20 years of riding mountain bikes, road bikes and now cyclocross I've never racked myself were it counts. I always wondered about the slightly forward sloping top tube so you got me interested in seeing if it is real or an optical illusion. So i just went down and measured it with a level. and it is a little higher at the seat than at the head tube. Maybe it is not that way on all frame sizes but it is on mine.

R

dropped!
    thanks rich. i'm purchasing it today. my only dilemma is blue/white, or red/silver.

thanks!

Game on, b*tches!
    Quote Originally Posted by r_mutt
    blue/white

thanks!
    You're welcome

catzilla
    Alton Brown

cs1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r_mutt View Post
    thanks rich. i'm purchasing it today. my only dilemma is blue/white, or red/silver.

thanks!
    Sorry about bringing this back from the grave yard. Did you ever get your frame? How did you like it? I'm still seeing the frame/fork out there for sale.
    1995 Waterford 1200
    1999 Waterford RSE-11
    Plus a host of old bikes too many to list.