RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009

Headed to 2 day Frisco Cross, advice?

Hey all,
    I'm headed from Boulder up to the 2 day Frisco (Colorado) Cross race. I can probably only make one day though. Any advice on what day would be best? Any parties/concerts/festivals outside of the usual beer tent? If it is going to be awesome enough, I might just car camp it and make a weekend out of it. Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I don't know what the courses will look like but based on my impression from last year it's a great venue. I doubt you could go wrong on either day.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    50% chance of rain or snow on Sunday and it snowed there yesterday.

weird huh?
    Hey all,
    I'm headed from Boulder up to the 2 day Frisco (Colorado) Cross race.

Ok, read that and I'm better now. I thought you were talking about San Francisco....I was about to offer some 'advice'.

Cheers, and have a blast.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by robcr125
    Hey all,
    I'm headed from Boulder up to the 2 day Frisco (Colorado) Cross race. I can probably only make one day though. Any advice on what day would be best? Any parties/concerts/festivals outside of the usual beer tent? If it is going to be awesome enough, I might just car camp it and make a weekend out of it. Thanks in advance.
    The temp will be about the same either Sat or Sun, but it's supposed to be sunny and 0% chance of precip on Sat, but will probably either snow or rain on Sun. You decide which day is better, weatherwise, as some folks actually like crappy weather.

However, the big thing to consider between Sat vs Sun is the traffic coming home. Sat traffic is never unbearable on I-70 eastbound, but after around 11:00 or so on Sun it will back up so bad that it may add at least an hour to your trip home.

If you like racing in the rain and don't mind sitting in bumper-2-bumper traffic on an interstate going 5 mph, then race on Sun. Otherwise, Sat is your obvious choice.