RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Help me track down a custom frame... wwjcd

Hello.
    I am in the process of picking a nice(ish) cx frame for the coming season. Yesterday I visited dozens of frame builder's sites and found a bike called the "WWJCD," or something like that, "What would Johhny Cash Do"...

Anyway, today I can't remember which site I found this frame on and google is not helping me at all. I've backtracked as much as possible with no luck.

Does anyone here know the frame I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Could it have been WaltWorks? I think he was offering some kind of "Johnny Cash" special in black only that knocked a $100 or so off his regular price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Remember most custom frame makers have a 4-8 week turn around and that might be when they are slow. That's why it is best to order frames in Jan and Feb, but you can always try, good luck!

Daylight Fading

I'd contact Zank.

He posts here and he's a custom frame builder. PM him. You might try Teddy Wojcik too. Google his name to find his website. I've seen the work of both and they are impeccible. I think that Zank uses Hot Tubes for his paint jobs. That's important for cross. You need good paint for the crashes...

BT
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    I'll second Zank!! http://www.zanconato.com/

His bikes are real hot-rods.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynRide
    I'll second Zank!! http://www.zanconato.com/

His bikes are real hot-rods.
    Thanks folks. It was a Waltworks bike! I saw a picture of the bike on his site the first day, and it was gone the following day. I guess he updated overnight...

Anyway, I'm not too worried about wait-time as I have plans to fit a set of Paul's racers (centre-mount) to my steel axiom if I get in a bind. Checked out the Zanconato site, those bikes are gorgeous.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005

another option

Zank is very helpful and responds quickly to your questions. I would also suggest you check out Tom Stevens. I can't say enough positive things...reasonable price, quick turn around and great fit.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I ride a Ted Wojcik (not a cross though) but I have seen several of them at the races and they are sharp!

Plus you can get a great deal on one, give Ted a call.

50ft. Queenie
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebob
    He posts here and he's a custom frame builder. PM him. You might try Teddy Wojcik too. Google his name to find his website. I've seen the work of both and they are impeccible. I think that Zank uses Hot Tubes for his paint jobs. That's important for cross. You need good paint for the crashes...

BT
    yeah.. zank uses toby.
    Ted used to use this guy, John Bow.... not sure if he still does though. John painted my triumph...
    bike-2

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by argylesocks
    yeah.. zank uses toby.
    Ted used to use this guy, John Bow.... not sure if he still does though. John painted my triumph...
    bike-2

Nice!

Yeah John Bow still does all the liquid finish on all of Ted's frames.

50ft. Queenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktion
    Nice!

Yeah John Bow still does all the liquid finish on all of Ted's frames.
    yeah, the guy did an insane job. too bad i had to sell that bike to buy a pedal bike.