RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007

K2 Cross Bikes and general fitting questions

Does anyone have any experience or input on the K2 CX200 cross bikes? For the money I am willing to spend, I am not expecting a world class bike but wondering if anyone knew anything about them.

I am looking primarily at used bikes and it seems many can be had from the $500 - $800 range but I just dont know enough about them.

My other problem is sizing. I have ridden road bikes for years but the cross bikes seem to fit a bit different. I live in south Florida so I cant even find one in a shop to try. I would normally look at the top tube length when looking at road bikes but with the cross bikes, if I find a top tube length that works the bike is too tall. I am guessing this means it is a more upright position?

I really want to get a cross bike and it looks like I need to do it online so I could use any input you have. I am likely not racing but want something I can take anywhere but can also throw some road tires on and go too.

Thanks for you input in advance.

m_s
    oh lonesome road for you
    In general you'll want the same frame size as your road bike. So size via effective top tube. Some people prefer a bit shorter reach for cross, but this can be accomplished with stem length IMO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylB
    Does anyone have any experience or input on the K2 CX200 cross bikes?
    Do you have a link to a site that has one? I've never heard of a CX200 & I have six K2 cross bikes (used to work there) in the garage. For what its worth, K2 Bike is no more so there would be zero warranty on one.

m_s is right, go for TT length.

DP

d2p
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    are you thinking of the KHS CX200?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DPCX
    Do you have a link to a site that has one? I've never heard of a CX200 & I have six K2 cross bikes (used to work there) in the garage. For what its worth, K2 Bike is no more so there would be zero warranty on one.

m_s is right, go for TT length.

DP

I am a moron. I was looking at a KHS bike.

How does head tube and seat tube angle affect the top tube length?