RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002

Looking for kids Redline Conquest 24

Anybody know of any used ones around? My son wants one and he'll outgrow it in a growth spurt or 2, so I prefer used.

Direct email is dfcas at yahoo dot com

Thanks,
    no signature

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I haven't seen one yet but considering that it is new to their lineup finding a used one will probably be difficult.

Jeff

RoadBikeReview Member
    We were in the market for a 24 inch or 650cc road bike for my son this year.

Finding any good used 24 inch tire road bike was hard for us. We had found one Trek KDR on craiglist, made arrangements to pick it up that day, and it was sold to another buyer with cash in hand before we got there. I understood, first with cash wins, but... ugh frustrating.

Ebay prices on good used kids road bikes reached near-new prices on each auction we watched. It didn't seem worth it at that point to not just buy new and have the LBS support.

We ended up buying new (Fuji Ace 650).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomBoy
    I haven't seen one yet but considering that it is new to their lineup finding a used one will probably be difficult.

Jeff

They started offering it in 2005, so maybe some kids have outgrown theirs.
    no signature

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cas
    They started offering it in 2005, so maybe some kids have outgrown theirs.
    Really? I thought that from what I read on CX Magazines site they just introduced it....apologies.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    sorry it was a 20" that they just introduced...

http://cxmagazine.com/new-cyclocross...er-2009-part-i

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    I agree that the listings I followed on ebay were near new pricing. My LBS gave me a very nice price for a new one, however... My daughter wouldn't go for the black/red paint scheme. I called redline to enquire about a different paint choice, nope-none-nada.

they have female specific development bikes up the product line, why not a 24"? I wonder what colors the new 20" comes in? They really need a neutral color-maybe white bike. I could have sold my daughter on one then.

We got her a very nice Trek 24" mtb-21 speed-v brakes, etc. She loves it, and I am slowly introducing her to real mtbing. I'll get her into the local cross loops, once she gets used to more time on the bike.

good luck in your search

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    Thats funny- my son only wants the black/red.
    no signature

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Have you all checked out the Novaro Pulse on rei.com. It has 26" hoops and fits my 4' 8" stepson nicely (had to mount a shorter than stock stem). Canti brakes, etc and I put on some Schwalbe 26" cross tires for his races.

TWD
    Quote Originally Posted by nowshon
    Have you all checked out the Novaro Pulse on rei.com. It has 26" hoops and fits my 4' 8" stepson nicely (had to mount a shorter than stock stem). Canti brakes, etc and I put on some Schwalbe 26" cross tires for his races.
    REI site says the pulse is "Unavailable". Don't know if that means out of stock or discontinued. I fear it's the latter.
    All in all, at the end of the day, it is what it is....just sayin'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    I was in my local REI last weekend and they had two there (both were sold). I'm guessing the out of stock situation is temporary. Are there REI stores in your neck of the woods?