Just One Wheel

Looking for SS CX 700c 130mm hub or wheel

I just got a great deal from bonktown.com on a Swobo Crosby SS/CX bike. ($465)

So now I want to swap out the SRAM Torpedo hub (a nifty idea, but too complicated - I want a simple flip-flip). I was wondering about opinions on where to buy a SSCX wheel, or whether I should just buy the hub and take apart/re-lace the wheel I have. I have a chance to do this before the snow melts, and then I can eBay the new SRAM Torpedo.

I haven't found online ads for SS/CX rear wheels. What I've seen for hubs I'm considering are this All-City hub, and this Surly hub.

Any more suggestions?
    steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Check out my uni race write-ups

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    i have a white industries hub and freewheel on my winter bike, it's godawful expensive but is really nicely made

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I've had pretty good luck with the Surly 135mm SS hub, I used one for a rear wheel when I first put my cross check together, that was a older style, I now have another rear wheel with a new style Surly 135mm rear hub that sees some use and it's been pretty good also-it's a Flip flop-the older one was Free/free) My newer race rear wheel is a paul hub, but it's nice to have the backup and fixed option.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010