RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004

Looking for Trek Boone info

I'm trying to find some information on the 2016-17 Trek Boone frameset with cantis.

https://www.cycleak.com/product/trek...t-229228-1.htm

Specifically, I'm trying to find out if the fork is thru axle or QR. It looks like the disc version of the frameset may be thru axle and the canti version is QR, but I can't find it in the specs.....I'm awaiting to hear back from Trek, but figured I may find out here quicker.

Also, how does the steatmast work? Is it a proprietary system or would a normal seatpost just slide in?

Thanks!

Chris

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    The fork is regular QR, and the seatmast is a Trek system where you need the Trek seatmast cap. The complete bikes are on a good sale now, so I'd think twice about buying just the frameset. I just bought the Boone 7 on sale.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakoo View Post
    The fork is regular QR, and the seatmast is a Trek system where you need the Trek seatmast cap. The complete bikes are on a good sale now, so I'd think twice about buying just the frameset. I just bought the Boone 7 on sale.
    Thanks for the info! I already have everything else, but I appreciate the info on the completes. Just one more question. How do I know which size seatmast cap to get? It looks like it comes in 135 and 175. I'm looking to get the 58 frame. Is there even any benefit to this system or just the novelty of something different?

Thanks again!

Chris

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    The complete bike in size 58 came with the 175mm seatmast, I'd get that unless you have really short legs.
    I think the benefit comes with the IsoSpeed decoupler that connects the seat tube and the top tube.