RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005

Maxxis Locust or Larsen Mimo for muddy Course?

So? I'm waiting to put these on for a muddy race tomorrow. Which ones would you use? The Mimo's or the Locust's? Supposedly the Larsen's are better for mud, but my teammate said he slipped a lot in the mud last week. I was not racin' last weekend

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Boy I really like these Mimo tires from Maxxis--I'm using them as training tires and they have a nice round profile, the knobs are deep enough and they break loose nice and predictable--They seem decent in the mud and will run OK with some air taken out, but they are still clinchers. I'm really happy with these.

RoadBikeReview Member
    MIMO...

This is both from personal experience and from the DS of a very powerful American pro team....
    Pretty much here just to piss you off...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    I raced on Mimo's all last year in the Oregon Crosscrusade Series. We had our fair share of dry and muddy races. The Mimo's worked great. They cleared mud fine. I chose them because the tread seem to most resemble a traditional tubular cross tire. Better than Michelin Mud 2 IMHO. This year I'm riding on tubulars and the difference is much better than I anticipated. Of course I haven't flatted yet either. . .

RoadBikeReview Member
    The Mimos will definately shed mud better. They are a really nice tire, my new training tire/pit wheel choice.

aka Zoo
    Apr 2003
    I personally think the Mimos stink at traction. Go for some michelin muds