RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003

Maxxis Raze Tubeless Review

Wanted to post this. Just gave my buddy my older pair of Stans Alpha 400 wheels. Theyhad Specialized Captain CXs on them but they were worn and he had a new pair of Maxxis Raze tires. Install was pretty easy and so we set out for ride. About 100 yards into the ride, the rear tire blew off suddenly with ensuing carnage. Tires were at40 psi when we left and the bead was evenly seated. Some sites say these are ok tires to run tubeless and some say not; obviously I think there are better choices

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Raze is a great tire with tubes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Review: Maxxis Raze Cyclocross Tires - Bike Rumor
    Bikerumor's test didn't have any luck with them tubeless either.

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010

Maxxis Raze Tubeless Review

when I install tubeless... I don't ride right away. I give it about a day to be safe for sealant to do it's stuff

plus, I personally don't mess around with with tires not meant for tubeless.... especially when there are warranties that forbid the use of sealant.... I had cst tires on my mountain bike which I liked.
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite upgraded with 32T cassette and does not have Stan's (yet)
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded with 36T cassette and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless. Considering a 1x10 upgrade
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra upgraded to 32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    2008/2009 Burton T6 156cm with Burton Triad Bindings & DC Judge boots

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    The only set up that I have been able to get true burp proof is using a Bontrager Duster/ Rythm rim and rim strip. I run the Raze on my gravel bike tubeless with pressure between 35 to 50.
    For cross training...I run the Raze or Clement PDXs at around 22 to 28.
    I always use tubulars for racing.

Not Banned
    on other notes I ran my beater Vittoria Tubulars, file tread rear chevron front in rocky, rutty terrian with a couple mud patches. At one point I was running them under 30 psi but I was bottoming on a lot of the stones so I upped to around 45
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering