Every little counts...

Merckx Alu Cross: Reviews?

Anyone riding a recent issue? 2007 has a new colour coming and some retro-eddy graphics and carbon fork. Thinking of getting into my shop's order from Gita for one.

http://www.gitabike.com/cgi-bin/shop...0=em-alu-cross

aka Zoo
    Apr 2003
    Sorry, don't have a review, but for what it's worth I saw Adam Hodges Myerson riding one during New Gloucester.
    2005 Orbea Lobular 100 - 2005 Hot Tubes Carbon - 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper Disc - 2007 Kona Major Jake

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    Gripped has one. one thing i can say about Edy Merckx bicycles that no one takes seriously is that there's something special about every Edy. Every one I've ever owned/ridden has been perfectly balanced.

Off the back

Love mine

Tracks perfectly. Absolutely predictable in every situation. Rides well on road, trails and races well (wish I was worthy of the bike)!

My ONLY complaint might be that the top tube is a bit tough on the shoulder, but, while riding, it's beautiful. I'm not crazy about the XTR canti's; they squeal and I can't set them up to eliminate. Am trying Kool Stops now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Merckx Alu Cross: Reviews?-merckx.jpg  
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ ||
    | B u d w e i s e r | ||'""|""\__,_
    |_____________ l ||__|__|___|)
    |(@(@)""""""""**|(@)(@)***|(@)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003

Smile

tuff on the shoulder? by this point of the season you should be able to carry a lawn mower on your shoulder with no problem

aka Zoo
    Apr 2003
    Adam Myerson's:

2005 Orbea Lobular 100 - 2005 Hot Tubes Carbon - 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper Disc - 2007 Kona Major Jake

Off the back

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kajukembo
    tuff on the shoulder? by this point of the season you should be able to carry a lawn mower on your shoulder with no problem
    That's the wife's job! I'm busy racing on weekends!
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ ||
    | B u d w e i s e r | ||'""|""\__,_
    |_____________ l ||__|__|___|)
    |(@(@)""""""""**|(@)(@)***|(@)

Frites en Mayo Velo Club
    Note the SRM power meter on Adam's bike...would you not cry if you crashed and that computer snapped right off the mount?

Ouch......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    I have one for this season, it's a nice bike. I like that it cames w/ a 57 top tube, that is a little hard to find. The derailer hanger is not replacable and you need to use a campy integrated headset, but other than that it is a nice aluminium bike that feels pretty light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Merckx Alu Cross: Reviews?-ebay-feb-014.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Every little counts...
    thanks All. I like the standard geometry and the 54 looks to be a very good fit for me. Plus, I already have a DeRosa...so what can top that!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    [QUOTE= Plus, I already have a DeRosa...so what can top that![/QUOTE]

Well, since you axed:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Merckx Alu Cross: Reviews?-eddy-004.jpg  

Cyclocross is Seasonal?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cx_fan
    Note the SRM power meter on Adam's bike...would you not cry if you crashed and that computer snapped right off the mount?

Ouch......
    It's not likely given its position between the bars, and only the mount would break... around $30.

Less likely to be damaged than a PT in cross.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006

Merckx Alu-cross

I'm riding an ' 02 alu-cross.Beautiful bike - blue and black (Domo?) paint job,running Campy Veloce w.Ambrosio wheels.It has an aluminium fork.
    There are plenty of reviews online but I've yet to read one with much useful feedback - perhaps someone else has had more luck?
    I'll post it on the 'cross forum soon.
    Danno