RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013

Motobecane Fantom Cross PRO

Hi everybody, this is my first post here. I am thinking of ordering a Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro Titanium from Bikes Direct. Being a Titanium frame with SRAM Rival components, it seems like an amazing bike for $1700.00, but I am a bit uncertain about ordering a bike online. I am replacing a Jamis Nova cyclocross I have been riding for the past 10 years, and it has served me well, but it is time to move on to something else. Any comments would be appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    As long as you understand how to appropriately compare and contrast bike geometry from your current ride to your new ride, I don't see any issue. With that knowledge you should be able to pretty quickly assess if the bike will fit and function as you expect.

If you don't have that knowledge, there have been TONS of threads on it on this forum.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have the Fantom Cross Pro with the aluminum frame. I love the bike. I ride it frequently as both my daily commuter as well as off road or after a rain when I don't want to take the road bike. The biggest flaws in mine are a lesser quality stem, seat post, saddle, and grip tape. Most of these are upgraded on the one you are looking at. You should be able to compare to your current bike and figure it out. All else fails, email or call BD's customer service and I bet they can help as well.
    Specialized Allez Comp Apex- '12 56cm
    Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro- '12 56cm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just got back from a ride on mine. Buy with confidence. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them. I've had mine for maybe two years now, and it is stock save for a Brooks saddle, a rear rack, and Salsa Woodchipper bars.