RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002

New Trek CX- Cronus CX

Came across this:

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...ross/cronuscx/

Looks nice - hidden fender mounts, fork mounted cable hanger (no more brake shudder), notice that it doesn't have its brand name blanketed across the frame 10+ times, the internal cables look nice for suit-casing, or grabbing to throw over the shoulder, and I like the clean look of the seat collar/cable hanger.

I am curious about the MSRP; I would guess that it is the frame and fork only price.
    Unicycles are for clowns

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    The msrp listed on trek's website is for the whole bike. frameset msrp is going to be $2099.99 I believe.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Web site says MSRP of $3,679. "Available early 2011."
    2014 SuperSix Evo HM Sagan LE
    2011 SuperSix Hi-Mod
    2010 Stevens Carbon Cross
    2010 CAAD8 Cyclocross (sold)
    2009 SuperSix (retired)
    2008 SystemSix (sold)
    2008 SuperSix (retired)
    2006 Six13 (retired)
    2004 Bianchi Giro (sold)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fornaca68
    Web site says MSRP of $3,679. "Available early 2011."
    Owwww! Some one in marketing doesn't know the meaning of" prime selling season".

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    looks like a pretty crappy spec for the money. For $300.00 more you get a Ridley X-Night World Cup edition with full SRAM red.

d2p
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    but the ridley doesnt have hidden fender mounts now does it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRivet
    looks like a pretty crappy spec for the money. For $300.00 more you get a Ridley X-Night World Cup edition with full SRAM red.
    Where did you see that deal? I thought those as frame/fork only were $2,900.00. Did Ridley change their geometery, last time I rode one it felt like I was remounting a horse, the BB was really high up. These top end bikes are getting expensive.
    Unicycles are for clowns

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    and Lance doesn't ride the Ridley.
    "If there's a team that needs help...I've found a hole in my schedule." -Floyd Landis, 2010

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Oh that looks nice! Makes me want to ditch my X-Fire just a little!
    Custom Team Kits available @ VCRC!! Check it out today! http://www.vcrcbike.com/

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuna
    Where did you see that deal? I thought those as frame/fork only were $2,900.00. Did Ridley change their geometery, last time I rode one it felt like I was remounting a horse, the BB was really high up. These top end bikes are getting expensive.
    http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/07/23/...-bike-options/

Hucken The Fard Up !
    But the SRAM Red drops the chain....
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

Not Banned

fork mount brake hanger

kinda reduces your brake choice. Hard to run wide profiles w/ high straddle with that
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    kinda reduces your brake choice. Hard to run wide profiles w/ high straddle with that

ATP, here's a question, do you think running a higher straddle thus shortening the cable length from the cable stop will minimize fork shudder? I'm going back to canti's (from mini v's) for my new bike after getting frustrated with cane creeks and fork shudder on my last bike. Trying Tektro CR720's with the wide profile and running the strqaddle cable very high hoping to eliminate the funky cable cycling that creates fork shudder. I'm trying this after looking at how high most of the Euro pros run their front straddle cable, fingers crossed.

Svens Colnago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Trek CX- Cronus CX-nyscolnago.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    Not following you on that; looking at the picture of the bike it has wide profile brakes on it. Why would you want to have a higher straddle if it has a fork mounted cable hanger?
    I thought the high straddle was to help eliminate chatter, which is what I thought the fork hanger was to supposed to do do as well?
    Unicycles are for clowns

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuna
    Not following you on that; looking at the picture of the bike it has wide profile brakes on it. Why would you want to have a higher straddle if it has a fork mounted cable hanger?
    I thought the high straddle was to help eliminate chatter, which is what I thought the fork hanger was to supposed to do do as well?
    Actually the higher straddle is to get the proper mechanical advantage with wide profile canti's.