Thread: Norco CCX?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Question Norco CCX?

I've been tossing around the idea of picking up a CX bike as of late and I've noticed that the Norco CCX has a Shimano 105 10 Speed drivetrain, yet is priced a few hundred cheaper than the Specialized Tricross Comp. That got my attention, but is seems that no one is discussing the Norco CCX on any of the forums I've frequented thus far. I'm no componentry expert, so I thought I'd inquire as to what I might be missing here.

Granted the cost of these models is almost double than that of the Bianchi Volpe and Surly X-Check... but the Bianchi is basically unavailable in Canada, I keep hearing the Surly referred to as being as heavy as a tank (not that I've been able to find one of those locally either), and I'm still in the idea tossing phase anyway so exploring all the options out there just makes sense.

So what say the masses about the CCX?
    Last edited by DroogBC; 05-16-2006 at 06:22 PM.

180 lb weight weenie
    i know nothing, but ill post a pic of it

PlusOneLap.com: Online Cyclocross Magazine

RoadBikeReview Member
    It looks like a pretty neat cross rig. The 10 speed 105 is definitely a plus in some people's books (mine included). It looks as if the frame is at 135mm because of the disk brake hangers. Some people have a problem with that because you have to use mountain bike huhbs on your wheels builds. So if you plan on getting a spare/race wheelset that is something to consider. I would definitely consider one if they were available in my neck of the woods.

Hoopy Frood

130mm Spacing

Looking at the specs on Norco's site, it appears to have 130mm spacing. The rear hub is listed as a "ritchey rear hub 130 with disc".

Seems like a really nice spec at a good price. Sucks that it's not available in the USA. I like the Norco mountain bikes I've seen.

Does look like it's a little heavy - 23 lbs for an aluminum frame and carbon fork. Some lighter wheels might help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Assuming the hubs are 130mm, would that make them a standard road wheel hub size?

More Cowbell!
    Quote Originally Posted by DroogBC
    Assuming the hubs are 130mm, would that make them a standard road wheel hub size?
    Yes .
    Pro rep, yo!

Get on the road!

New CCX

Hey all,

I found the new CCX and was searching for some opinions on it. The drivetrain is Ultegra\105 and the fork is aluminum this year.

Here's a pic:

Here's a link:
    CCX Specs

I think this bike looks awesome.
    Dave Out.
    My Blog

The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine. ~John Howard

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    I haven't seen or ridden a Norco Cross Bike yet. Where in BC are you? I know that there is a shop in Vancouver carries Surly and Redline.

TMR
    i love desk! i love lamp!
    Sep 2004
    Mighty Riders carries bianchi, redline, surly, soma, colnago, bmc blah blah blah. Go there. They don't BS.

Devinci_rider
    Sep 2005
    This bike is by far one of the best "bang for buck" cross bike out there. We've had a couple of them in our shop they are currently selling for around $1299.99 cnd. The bike looks way better in person; it also comes with an SDG seatpost and saddle setup, flat top tube, eggbeaters and so on. I'm definetly a big fan of this bike