Thread: Orbea Lobular?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007

Orbea Lobular?

Does any one have any info / links for the Orbea Lobular or other Orbea cross frames. I've seen a few posts and pics on various sites, but it is not listed on Orbea's site. Are they still making it?

flinty-eyed moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin nolan
    Does any one have any info / links for the Orbea Lobular or other Orbea cross frames. I've seen a few posts and pics on various sites, but it is not listed on Orbea's site. Are they still making it?
    I am riding a custom one where we tweaked the angles and TT to make it work with a specific fork and handle the way I wanted. The stock bike is just another random aluminum cross bike IMHO- and you are probably better of with one of the scandium Redline Conquest Pro/Team frames IMHO.

Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Random AL frame or not, I really like mine. I have a few year old one now, and it is great. I really like the way the bike rides and handles. It is one of the orange ones before they went to the boring looking paint job. I posted up a picture of it in the bike thread on here, just search my username if you want to see it.

RoadBikeReview Member

I like mine as well...

it's custom geo as I requested. Like the previous poster, search my name and you'll find pics of it..
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com

tdiclub Member
    Mine is an atlec 2 version, I was very happy with it training and race-wise.
    I tore the rd hanger off in a crash and that was the only damage.
    Orbea-usa did not have the hanger and I had a difficult time sourcing one.
    I work as a machinist, so making my own out of a blank was not an issue.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    i see no cross bikes or custom options on the orbea USA website. not that i could afford one anyway, but very, very nice.

RoadBikeReview Member

not expensive..

For custom, it was only like $100 more.. The frames aren't really that expensive.. You have to call them..
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Yeah for some reason they dont show the cross bikes anymore on their webpage. I had a hard time finding any geometry info on it before I bought it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Mine sits half built in the laundry room.
    The frame was a nice ebay find for about $200.
    We are excited to give the bikes a new home later this summer.
    I should have my garage/ bike workshop finished before cross season begins : )

RoadBikeReview Member

I love my Orbea

Nothing custom, but since I also have an Orbea Orca, the geometries are almost the same so switching between bikes is easy. My Orbea cross bike sees little action any more due to back injuries, but I've had a hard time selling off my cross bike.......but this year could be the year that we finally part ways.

Michael

m_s
    oh lonesome road for you
    Lobular is funny word.

flinty-eyed moderator
    Mine- also done through the custom program a few years ago (which was a steal price wise). Crappy iPhone pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea Lobular?-orbea-1.jpg  
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    Nothing custom, but since I also have an Orbea Orca, the geometries are almost the same so switching between bikes is easy. My Orbea cross bike sees little action any more due to back injuries, but I've had a hard time selling off my cross bike.......but this year could be the year that we finally part ways.

Michael

What size is that bike?

I have an Orbea dealer near me so I was going to see if they could get one but if you are ready to part with that beauty and it is my size.................

RoadBikeReview Member

its a 57

bike is a 57

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by DarylB

What size is that bike?

I have an Orbea dealer near me so I was going to see if they could get one but if you are ready to part with that beauty and it is my size.................

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    The Lobular frame is really nice - if you can find one. They're not sold in the US any more from what I understand. The Mud frame is pretty basic and nothing special.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Here she is finally built up.

This is an ebay find in Clif Bar team colors. Built 1x9 with a mix of older suplus parts off other bikes.

Currently set up for next weekend in the islands (headed to a wedding) then the cross tires go on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea Lobular?-orbea.jpg  

Daylight Fading
    At a cross race last year I was talking to the pit crew SRAM/Orbea and he said that Orbea would not be making the cross frame anymore because the frame metal that they use was in such high demand by their other products. Good luck finding one, let's hope that he was wrong.

bt
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz