RoadBikeReview Member

Panaracer Cinder X

I am trying to nail down a good tire for my Jamis Nova Pro for this fall/winter.

What are your thoughts on the Panaracer Cinder X? Is it a good all-around tire that would suit "most" conditions (i.e., hard-pack, gravel, mud, etc...)?

Most of my riding will be recreational. However, I may try to enter a race or two. Who knows...

I have considered the Schwalbe Racing Ron and the Continental Speed King as well.

Thanks,

Chris

Integrated Cyclist
    Jul 2006
    Don't tell Peanut Butter Breath. According to the CX fashion queens, you don't have a CX bike unless and until you race it. And don't put tires on it larger, than 35c (33c next year). That makes it Cat 1/2 incompliant and therefore, NOT a cyclocross bike. There is no recreational CX riding, even on dirt trails. Only touring and commuting bikes.

Once you ride it in a CX race, then it is a CX bike. Unless it is a mountain bike. Or it takes tires larger than 35c, or has rack and fender mountains, or disc brakes (until the beginning of next CX season). Then it is no longer a CX bike, even if it is. CX bikes ridden on the road are not CX bikes. Unless they are ridden by *****ie CX racers who ride CX bikes and are Cat 1/2 wannabe CX fashion queens, then they are, unless they have discs, and then they aren't (until the beginning of next season).

Only CX Cat1/2 wannabes have CX bikes. Why can't people understand that!!!