Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Please share your best racing heckles!!!!

12K views 37 replies 33 participants last post by  1speedbrian 
#1 ·
Some of the best Cx racing fun and memories are spectator heckles...now that US Natz 2010 are done, please share some of your best heckles to expand our repertoire in anticipation for next season :)

#3 ·
"F for effort!"

I was basically walking on a long run-up. I was focused on the race Sunday (to win a series) and only raced Saturday because it was close to home. I went in with the plan to race hard the first two laps and if I was in it, I'd race hard to the finish. I almost had two high speed crashes in the first lap. I did fall over into a tree on the 2nd lap trying to ride the same run-up, so I totally backed off. Running is not my strength and this run-up was looonnnggg. I did ride it on another lap to much applause.

#7 ·
In one of the SM Open (P/1/2) races last year, a buddy of ours was leading a small group, but with a pretty good gap in front of them. He was met with "C'mon, Log-jam! You're holdin' up traffic!" Irony of that is that I'm a BoP'er in the 35+, 4's. Guess I gotta be good at something....:D

#9 ·
adimiro said:
Some of the best Cx racing fun and memories are spectator heckles...now that US Natz 2010 are done, please share some of your best heckles to expand our repertoire in anticipation for next season :)
I don't know about best, but on the worst category, some random hipster chick heckled my bar tape lap after lap for 60 minutes. WFT? One lap...."hey your bar tape doesn't match". Next lap "your bar tape matches your jersey"

Heckle FAIL! If your cadre of lame arse skinny jean friends don't even laugh at your heckles, chances are, they aren't funny and you should work on some new material.

#14 ·
I kinda race with a theme...

lots and lots of orange...jokingly call myself Great Pumpkin Racing. A buddy called me that years ago in a destination race we were doing. I crashed on a loose downhill, really rung my bell, but no damage to either me or the bike. It took a few minutes to get back in rythmn on the bike...meanwhile my buddy rode into the distance. On the final 9 miles of road-about 31 miles dirt/stone/sand, the rest paved, I started to reel him in.

He saw me coming in my orange glory and said to himself..."there's no way I'm letting the Great Pumpkin catch me" So, Great Pumpkin Racing was born! I even have a great haunted pumpkin jersey that is great for the cross season.

So, I get alot of "come on, pedal pumkin", "go get em pumpkin"-etc. I usually reply with something like thanks pookey, thanks for the kind words sunshine, etc...

Alas, Great Pumpkin Racing is no more...I'll be a Team member next year. For cross season, the only thing orange will be the bike.

#20 ·
Jim311 said:
I didn't know CX spectating involved this much trash talk. Maybe I need to spectate a few races and work on my trash talk repertoire.
In the 'cross off season go to your local mall and hang out in the food court. Start heckling the the McDonald's, then Sabarro, then Taco Bell... but mix it up and hit the Jamba Juice and the Starbucks to stay on your heckling toes.

#23 ·
TWB8s said:
In the 'cross off season go to your local mall and hang out in the food court. Start heckling the the McDonald's, then Sabarro, then Taco Bell... but mix it up and hit the Jamba Juice and the Starbucks to stay on your heckling toes.

I'll have to train hard in the off season to be in peak physical condition to out-heckle the competition.

#25 ·
1. Wait until a group of three go by. Say to the first two, "You're looking great!". Then hit the last guy in line with, "You, not so much!".

2. Way to lap people in reverse. Your'e about to backwards pass the leader again.

3. If you're here, who's at home disappointing your wife/mom/husband/etc.

4. Just like that, now faster.

5. OK, enough with the slow motion practicing, do it full speed now.

6. Too slow to have that much slobber on your face.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.