Thread: Ridley sizing

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005

Ridley sizing

Thinking about a new cross rig for next season, and I want something more race-oriented than my old Surley cross check. The Ridley frames seem to fit the bill and are reasonably priced, but I'm not sure the frame sizing will work for me. I have a long torso and short inseam, so the Ridley's short top tube and long seat tube appear to be the opposite of what I need. Anyone here with similar proportions ride a Ridley? If so, how does it fit you? Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    I am the opposite, and can say that the ridley fits me perfect... haha... I have friends who have those long torso's... they are lucky cause they can ride nearly any bike out there.

I have the luxury that with long legs and shorter torso (6'3, 85cm saddle to BB) I can size the ridley properly and not based on stand over.

Not too helpful, but be thankful you can ride those long and low frames that seem to keep popping up (redline, focus, stevens etc)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    The Ridleys have steep seattubes, so take that extra amount of saddle setback into account when making comparisons. (The rough rule of thumb is 1 degree = roughly 1 cm ETT.) Also, I have never heard anyone complain that they just couldn't get their handlebars low enough.

When making comparisons, look at headtube length, ETT, and seattube angle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_mac84 View Post
    I have the luxury that with long legs and shorter torso (6'3, 85cm saddle to BB) I can size the ridley properly and not based on stand over.
    What size do you ride? I'm the same height w/ a similar inseam.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    I would fit the 58 ridley perfectly... if it were a race only bike, a 56 would have been alright

I ride a 585-600TT (depending on stem and bar configuration and type of riding, cx, endurance road, etc)

I raced a 60cm X-bow which is within a few MM of the 58 X-fire. I ride quite a bit of bar drop however