RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

Salsa La Cruz Suitability

Hi: I was wondering if this bike will make a good al around road/cross/endurance/adventure bike? I want to ride a century and maybe a few cross races. Your experience is appreciated.
    Thanks

This is a cross post on the Salsa forum.

Iohannes fac totum
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nockpoint 01
    Hi: I was wondering if this bike will make a good al around road/cross/endurance/adventure bike? I want to ride a century and maybe a few cross races. Your experience is appreciated.
    Thanks

This is a cross post on the Salsa forum.

Everything you intend to do with this bike is everything I do with this bike. I have two sets of wheels. One with road tires, the other with CX tires. I regularly do road group rides ("A" pace), Race CX, ride centuries, ride single track, and race Iron CX (endurance race). Love it. By far my favorite bike I own.

Edited to add that I have the orange disc version. The new Ti one is nice, just lacking one key feature for myself....discs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    ditto everything said above.

I built up a left over Las Cruces(full scandium tubing w/carbon fork) absolutely love the bike.

Warning, the color orange is intoxicating
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Iohannes fac totum
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdaddy
    ditto everything said above.

I built up a left over Las Cruces(full scandium tubing w/carbon fork) absolutely love the bike.

Warning, the color orange is intoxicating

I'd LOVE to build an all out race version of your Las Cruces, but with flat bars. One day I might find a frame for sale that coincides with a time I have some extra money to spend.