Thread: Scattante CFX

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Scattante CFX

Curious if anyone has one of these yet or has ridden one and how much clearance is down in the chainstays for larger tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hEVMva3jq1g

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ha that's my buddy Ben doing the presentation

Looks like a nice enough bike just wish it was an option to get one with canti's

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    My buddy got one three weeks ago for the reduced price. Pretty sweet bike with one major issue from what we can tell. The wheels not only weigh in excess on 2000 grams but the A340 rim is really weird. We both have a set of A340 wheelsets that we have purchased/built ourselves from Stans and succesfully run tubeless without issue. The lip on these rims is tiny almost half of what our other rims have and therefore do not hold a tire on the rim. Same tire that we have all used tubeless a Michi Mud 2. Bike came stock at just over 19lbs for a 54cm and with a wheelset and handlebar change he is running at low 17lbs with tubes on a 1400 gram MTB wheelset.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Yes...the Alpha 340 rim is light....so they must be laced with some clunky hubs and spokes.
    And the 340 burps tires are cross pressure....it was designed for high pressure road.
    Hows the sizing on your frames? the charts look like real short top tubes?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    Yes...the Alpha 340 rim is light....so they must be laced with some clunky hubs and spokes.
    And the 340 burps tires are cross pressure....it was designed for high pressure road.
    Hows the sizing on your frames? the charts look like real short top tubes?
    Never had an issue with my A340 burping the point I attempted to make was the bead hook was much less meaty than the A340's I have seen elsewhere. It was almost as if it was not an A340 rim but with their decal on it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    That was the one gripe i had with the spec, would rather pay a little more for the NoTubes Iron cross wheel set with the wider rims.