RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007

Trek Cyclocross 2014 ?

anything new from them considering KFC riding for them and rumors of Jpow. at least new colors., maybe disc?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    I predict iso speed frames with disc brakes (duh!) and disc specific carbon wheels. Wait jpow is coming to trek?!?! That would be awesome!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    jpow to trek. interesting.
    That'd make mcdonald the alpa dog on the rapha squad....hmmmm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    I can't believe they haven't shown anything yet

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Just found this. About halfway down. Unimpressed but I need more info before final verdict. Updated: Trek launch 2014 range | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by toddre View Post
    Just found this. About halfway down. Unimpressed but I need more info before final verdict. Updated: Trek launch 2014 range | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more
    yeah, not that impressive,not taking any chances a la Giant with thru axles etc. Maybe more to come, will see.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    I think the Crockett is pretty sweet. Granted I'm a little biased since I work there. I'm not sure I'd do disc quite yet. It's a big purchase doing a bike and wheels.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    looks like jpow is staying with Rapha.

Rapha backs StarCrossed

Rapha has signed as the presenting sponsor for September’s StarCrossed cyclocross event in Redmond, Washington. The UCI Cat. 2 event will be a stop on Rapha’s new “Super Cross” series, which highlights ’cross events around the world, with stops in the U.K., Australia, and Japan.

“StarCrossed took a brief hiatus from the UCI calendar last year and we are pleased to open up the U.S. cyclocross race season in Seattle, with the support of Rapha,” Low Pressure Promotions co-founder Terry Buchanan said in a press release.

According to organizers, Jeremy Powers and Gabby Day (Rapha-Focus), and Ryan Trebon (Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) have each confirmed for the first international race on the 2013-14 U.S. cyclocross calendar. The event will take place on September 14.

“I love StarCrossed as an event,” Powers said. “I’ve always loved the environment, the course layout, and the fans who pack the expo and cheer us on rain or shine. When the Tour of Alberta was put on my calendar, I knew that I was going to be West already and I really wanted to come back and do this race again. I can’t wait to put on a good show and look forward to seeing everyone out there.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Looks like they will have a disc model coming out in 2014. Nys said he plans to ride disc in 2014... which is when he will switch to trek. Guessing they will design the bike around him... Guessing keeping the tall BB shorter TT like Colnago/Ridley.