Masters Neophyte

Is Universal Sports covering CX this year?

Like the title says- I can't find any CX races listed anywhere on Universal Sports.
    What's up with that?
    What- too much effort to just replay Euro coverage, without any announcing or subtitles like they used to? Seems like zero effort at all...
    Capt Willard: "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger."

Not Banned
    typically US sports showed cross races in the summer, so they'd show the previous season right before the next one started
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    You obviously don't understand how broadcasting works.
    It is very easy to broadcast.
    But you have to buy the coverage.....which you then subsidize with advertising.
    Seeing bike racing is a bad sell for advertising.....the network waits until it's old news...and gets the coverage for dirt cheap.( and probably still loses money on it...but it fills airspace)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    They have a fair selection of live and replay cross races on-line. You can log in with your cable/sat username and password and view them that way. I recall last year they did broadcast some races later winter/early spring about the time the road season was getting going.

Masters Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    typically US sports showed cross races in the summer, so they'd show the previous season right before the next one started
    God, is that right? I remember that it wasn't concurrent, but had forgotten it was *that* long after the fact.
    I was thinking it was after the season was over, which is pretty soon.
    Capt Willard: "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger."