RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004

Vicious Cycle Disc vs Winwood Muddy Disc

Does anyone have experience with these two forks that would be willing to compare them for me? Or perhaps make a recommendation? I know the Vicious Cycles Fork is 138g heavier, but is it significantly stiffer? I have been using a noodle of a fork on my Mountain Cycle Stumptown and cannot get the the front disc to stop squealing. I am pretty sure that my current Sibex fork is just to light and flexy. Don't tell me it is going to break and I'm going to die, I know all the chatter. Thank you for your opinions.

old school drop out
    I'm running a Vicious (non-disk) fork on my bike and it rides well. No complaints. I've not ridden the Windwood for comparison.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    I'm running a Vicious (non-disk) fork on my bike and it rides well. No complaints. I've not ridden the Windwood for comparison.

Very nice bike ! Are those old XTR Canti's ? I have the steel road Break-away and can see the need for a CX folder as well

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Very nice bike.

Which tires are those?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    No first hand experience with the Vicious cyclocross disc, but have used the Kona P2 disc, a Wound Up Disc (still have), and the Winwood. The Winwood was OK, nothing remarkable, as was the Kona (inexpensive though). I have used the Vicious 29er fork and it is very nice; I would expect the cross model but feel nice as well, but again, haven't tried it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I should go with the Vicious, besides it's a great name. Nice looking Richey!

old school drop out
    Quote Originally Posted by plodderslusk
    Very nice bike ! Are those old XTR Canti's ? I have the steel road Break-away and can see the need for a CX folder as well
    Yep. They are the original m900 XTR cantis. They work great - and doesn't have any sharp edges to cause damage to the bike when it's packing into it's suitcase.

Quote Originally Posted by hawss
    Which tires are those?
    They're older Ritchey Mount Cross tires. I don't think that they're made any more, but I have a couple of sets. They're 38mm which is perfect for long trail rides.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    I have a Vicious (canti) fork on by Vicious bike. Rides good.

law
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Winwood fork has done very well for me for the past 8 months of committing and fireroads. Rides nice. Not a light fork, but it does what I want it to.