RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 1969

Vicious Cycles Slider

I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Vicious Slider but wanted to know what things owners out there had to say about them. I would be going with the frame only. I am also very uncreative. I would love to see some unique paint jobs that may be floating around out there should such photos be available. Oh, and I will be using the frame as a dedicated cross racer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    check out the galleries of some of the framebuilders

www.vanillabicycles.com/
    www.kirkframeworks.com/
    http://www.ifrider.com/register.htm

and if you want to get ridonkulous
    http://www.hottubes.com/ShopWebSite/Paint%20Photos.html

I'm sure there is a ton more out there. Have Fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    Mine-

Mine is my racer, as well as road-trainer. Love this bike- ride is smooth, geometry fits me spot-on, and the paint gets comments wherever I go. With light parts, it could be a 17lb machine, as you see it here, its 21 (reliable is fast, IMO). Build is ultegra/9speed with a mix of Bontrager and Thompson parts for the controls. Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels (hoping for a set of hand-builts soon) When you get yours, post it up! I cant say enough about mine

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 1969
    Thank you both for the posts. It is intesting to hear the build weight as that was a modest concern. I will be sure to post pics

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006

karl's the man

I (unfortunately) don't have one of his frames, but I met Karl at the handbuilt bike show this year and he's super mellow, can paint just about anything you want on a bike and to top it off, he's got a pretty obvious thing for t-rex, what's not to like? As for paint suggestions, I like looking at other bikes, but then again, I also find that look at magazines like rodders journal and stuff like that, I find really cool color combos, not so much the actual paint scheme, but colors that work very well together. It feels weird, but it works