Tabachoy Boy

What size cross levers for Bell Lap bars?

I'd like to get cross levers, but I'm not sure which size to get to go onto my Salsa Bell Lap bars (26.0 bar clamp diameter). Should I get 26.0 or 24? Just guessing here, but if I get the 26, I'd be able to put it closer to the stem, and if I get the 24, I could stick them further out (from center)?

Also is there any difference between the Tektro, Cane Creek, and the Salsa, or are the last two just rebadged, more expensive Tektros? Thanks!

100% torqued
    Jun 2005

Same but different...

The Salsa and Cane Creeks have a return spring for the lever. I think the Salsa's need to be shimmed for 26.0 and fit 31.8. Cane Creek and Tektros are identical other than the spring, and fit just off the bulge.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    I'd like to get cross levers, but I'm not sure which size to get to go onto my Salsa Bell Lap bars (26.0 bar clamp diameter). Should I get 26.0 or 24? Just guessing here, but if I get the 26, I'd be able to put it closer to the stem, and if I get the 24, I could stick them further out (from center)?

Also is there any difference between the Tektro, Cane Creek, and the Salsa, or are the last two just rebadged, more expensive Tektros? Thanks!
    I got the salsa ones at the bike shop. They are nice because they have a shim to work on the bulge part or the thin part (no shim). so you can put them where they feel comfortable.

the nashbar ones I got for my wife's bike did not have this, and I had to put them outboard of the bulge. It barely works. they were super cheap, though.

With the hinged clamp, you cannot put them on the 'wrong but close' size. I tried to put the nashbar ones on my bike and they just did not fit.